Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

9 hours ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I look forward to waking up in the morning knowing Dave has "info", but realistically it wont matter, because this will go on for another month. 

Yea, I'm calling b.s in his statement. Guy is paid to drive people to the site he works for. It isn't difficult to state openly that the Sox are in on Machado and are in a good spot. Tell us something we don't know, Dave.

• Like 1

POSITION PLAYERS

Hardest hitter: Manny Machado
Statcast classifies batted balls with at least a 95-mph exit velocity as hard-hit, and in each of the past two seasons, nobody has produced more of those than Machado. He put a hard-hit ball in play 257 times in 2018 -- 28 more than anyone else (MLB batters as a group hit .524 and slugged 1.047 on hard-hit balls last season). On a rate basis, Machado made hard contact on 48.2 percent of his batted balls, a figure that ranked 15th out of 228 players (minimum 250 batted balls). As a 26-year-old shortstop/third baseman with a good glove, Machado's appeal should go far beyond this, but his ability to consistently square up pitches is fundamental to his status as a top free agent.

https://www.mlb.com/news/remaining-mlb-free-agents-with-the-best-skills/c-302900918

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front
10 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Ugh, this kind of makes me feel like I can't take what he has said seriously. Such a shame, he was one of the few that I could believe in lately. I'm not saying it isnt a Sox hat, but there really is no way to tell and he is tweeting it as fact.

Edited by Ross Gload Fan
  • Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres