Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

It would be interesting to hear your views on the issue of Machado playing SS. For my part, if he is insisting on that, his value would be significantly diminished. I wouldn't be in favor of paying him the kind of money being suggested, to play anywhere but 3B. I understand that his previous stance on wanting to play SS was likely more about increasing his value. However, at this point, he can maximize his value by agreeing to play where an interested team prefers that he play.

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

It would be interesting to hear your views on the issue of Machado playing SS. For my part, if he is insisting on that, his value would be significantly diminished. I wouldn't be in favor of paying him the kind of money being suggested, to play anywhere but 3B. I understand that his previous stance on wanting to play SS was likely more about increasing his value. However, at this point, he can maximize his value by agreeing to play where an interested team prefers that he play.

If Manny demanded to play CF, fuck it, that mofo cant be worse than Rob Mackowiak out there. I DON'T CARE, I WANT A WHALE.

25 minutes ago, Tony said:

Per Nightengale:

It’s characterized as a serious offer, likely closer to $200 million than $300 million, but not enough to sway Machado to board a flight from Miami to Chicago for a press conference.

And... that lets me know this is a controlled leak from the Sox to dampen the other teams' offers. Even knowing they didn't come out with their best offer first, there's no way they offered him under $250 million unless it was for 5 years. That gets the door slammed in their faces. Manny will get over $300 mil and everybody knows it. This is an attempt to throw off other bidders and make them call the bluff of Machado's camp when they say "Sox are offering $300+ and we're signing with them unless you jump way up."

Edited by Roughneck

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

That's interesting because I don't know if that would come from a machado camp or white sox camp.

Why would Machado's camp want teams to think the Sox made a crap offer? This is coming from the Sox. Their ideal situation:

This report comes out.

Machado: "Chicago offered me $320 mil. Get to up to $300 and I'll take less for to play for you"

Yankees: LOL. They're offering way less. You'll take our $250 mil and like it"

Machado *signs with Sox for $320*

Let's hope it works!

3 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Why would Machado's camp want teams to think the Sox made a crap offer? This is coming from the Sox. Their ideal situation:

This report comes out.

Machado: "Chicago offered me $320 mil. Get to up to $300 and I'll take less for to play for you"

Yankees: LOL. They're offering way less. You'll take our $250 mil and like it"

Machado *signs with Sox for $320*

Let's hope it works!

Coming from Nightengale you’re probably right.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres