Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ok.Rick Hahn is a great GM. He has nothing to do with the White Sox being 134 games under .500 his 6 seasons,even if the best he could muster was 78 wins in the at least 3 seasons he was all in.

Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams should not be doing this rebuild, whether you like it or not. I would venture to guess the vast majority here would agree with that. So stalk them.

If you refuse to believe he wasn’t truly in power until recently, then you may actually be correct Hahn is a shitty GM.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

If you refuse to believe he wasn’t truly in power until recently, then you may actually be correct Hahn is a shitty GM.

Next time you see Rick, ask him about his first signing, Jeff Keppinger. Then ask him what KW thought of it, and then tell me Rick had no power. 

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ok.Rick Hahn is a great GM. He has nothing to do with the White Sox being 134 games under .500 his 6 seasons,even if the best he could muster was 78 wins in the at least 3 seasons he was all in.

Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams should not be doing this rebuild, whether you like it or not. I would venture to guess the vast majority here would agree with that. So stalk them.

Agreed.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Next time you see Rick, ask him about his first signing, Jeff Keppinger. Then ask him what KW thought of it, and then tell me Rick had no power. 

Show me a GM who hit on every move and I will show you a genius.

Using record as an argument when we have been rebuilding for 2 years is a weak argument.

No one is saying Hahn is perfect, no one truly knows how decisions were made behind closed doors. But it doesn’t take a lot to see who was in power then and now. What you should do is at least acknowledge Hahn has made some great moves during this rebuild and should get the benefit of the doubt until it’s clear this rebuild is a failure. If you still choose to jump the gun on every move because of your disapproval of Hahn, prepare to get roasted.

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Show me a GM who hit on every move and I will show you a genius.

Using record as an argument when we have been rebuilding for 2 years is a weak argument.

No one is saying Hahn is perfect, no one truly knows how decisions were made behind closed doors. But it doesn’t take a lot to see who was in power then and now. What you should do is at least acknowledge Hahn has made some great moves during this rebuild and should get the benefit of the doubt until it’s clear this rebuild is a failure. If you still choose to jump the gun on every move because of your disapproval of Hahn, prepare to get roasted.

But the first 4 years you want to blame KW. Provide evidence. I do think one of those first 4 they really were half in half out if that. Not really expecting to contend, but when he was all in, the team was still terrible. Eventually, they will get to the point they were at  those seasons roster strength wise. Why should anyone bank on the result being spectacular?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres