yesterday333

Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front

just ooc, why are 3B so injury prone?

Maybe that's why he wants to play short.  A guy who's had two knee operations wants to play out his career and not end up like another Crede, Chavez, etc.

Edited by joesaiditstrue

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Alright who called the mystery team thing again?

Theoretically what team would have the money, position, or need for him?

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Show me a GM who hit on every move and I will show you a genius.

Using record as an argument when we have been rebuilding for 2 years is a weak argument.

No one is saying Hahn is perfect, no one truly knows how decisions were made behind closed doors. But it doesn’t take a lot to see who was in power then and now. What you should do is at least acknowledge Hahn has made some great moves during this rebuild and should get the benefit of the doubt until it’s clear this rebuild is a failure. If you still choose to jump the gun on every move because of your disapproval of Hahn, prepare to get roasted.

But the first 4 years you want to blame KW. Provide evidence. I do think one of those first 4 they really were half in half out if that. Not really expecting to contend, but when he was all in, the team was still terrible. Eventually, they will get to the point they were at  those seasons roster strength wise. Why should anyone bank on the result being spectacular?

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Alright who called the mystery team thing again?

There is always a mystery team, non news for now 

1 minute ago, DaGame2584 said:

Theoretically what team would have the money, position, or need for him?

Padres has always been my suspicion.

12 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Just be thankful you weren't posting through the peavy era

Fake News. I actually liked Jake Peavy. 

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

just ooc, why are 3B so injury prone?

Maybe that's why he wants to play short.  A guy who's had two knee operations wants to play out his career and not end up like another Crede, Chavez, etc.

Supposedly he was born with some defect in his knees. Once they were cleaned up, it isn’t supposed to be a lingering problem.

6 minutes ago, Sockin said:

God dammit just pay the man

Im done with this shit. Manny make a decision or just move on.... What ever. I'm getting to the point to think Manny is a lil b**** like Harper. Right now honestly I could care less if he signs with us. 2 suitors name your price and choose. There's millions of people who don't have anything so don't be such a fuck amnd greedy. Name your price, make your decision.... 

The only ream I could think of is Miami. They have no payroll and he can live at home. If there is one place he may pay for himself, it’s there IMO. But usually teams are a mystery because they are figments of ones imagination.

Edited by Dick Allen

Someone mentioned the Cardinals in a tweet today. Could possibly still be the mystery team. Or the mystery team is fake and just a leverage ploy.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only ream I could think of is Miami. They have no payroll and he can live at home.

But aren't they paying off some debt from the previous ownership?

I’m not one to get overly optimistic, but this seems like a final effort by Machado’s camp to raise those offers.

Bryce to the Phillies and Manny to the White Sox seems close to me. I personally don’t even think the Phillies are even that in on Manny anymore with their full attention seeming to be on Harper. I think this is a final push to exclusively elevate the Sox offer slightly.

I could see the Sox being at 7-year, $230 million, and this is a final push to get them around 7-year, $250 million.

• Like 1

Just now, DirtySox said:

Someone mentioned the Cardinals in a tweet today. Could possibly still be the mystery team. Or the mystery team is fake and just a leverage ploy.

Oh it definitely is!

Just now, chetkincaid said:

It sounds like Manny doesn’t want to come here.

So be it. Let’s move on. 

Huh?

👀👀 notice they didn’t say the Yankees, personally the mystery team is always there, mlb network was making fun of the mystery team during the winter meetings, it’s all smoke to drive up the price

2 minutes ago, DaGame2584 said:

Oh it definitely is!

I've thought of them a lot too. Another team that doesn't tie up a ton of money on anyone and can play him at SS.

Edit: not that I actually believe there is one. Just that I think they can always be on anyone.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

So be it. Let’s move on. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

So be it. Let’s move on. 

? The man is just trying to milk whatever team signs him for the most he can.

I would love Manny alone...but maybe the only way to get Harper is Manny first. Anyway if he get one, two or none of them we are on the upside to this rebuild so better days are ahead nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, DaGame2584 said:

? The man is just trying to milk whatever team signs him for the most he can.

SHAME ON HIM! THINK OF THE CHILDISH, IMPATIENT FANS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2