yesterday333

Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Dammit, I already took the tag off of mine.

Can you get pitchforks into SoxFest or do you have to check them with your coat?

46 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I feel like you will only get behind any trade if the value you send away is significantly lower than the value that you receive, and that is negotiating in bad faith and will probably put you in a bad spot with other gms 

While I don't disagree with you in principle, I hardly think that the results of trades over the last 6 years put the Sox at risk of negotiating in bad faith with other teams.

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

raBBit said Wednesday. If it doesn't happen by then, maybe it's time to worry. But until that happens, then I refuse to be upset over this non news

He also said the same thing a week ago and then wednesday passed with nothing.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This whole thing about waiting until Wednesday seems completely arbitrary though...more of an in-joke about how many big Sox moves have gone down on that day in recent years.

That said, it will fit the one week timeline of the Gomez news.

I really don't think rabbit would say Wednesday arbitrarily 

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

raBBit said Wednesday. If it doesn't happen by then, maybe it's time to worry. But until that happens, then I refuse to be upset over this non news

I don't believe he ever said anything about this coming Wednesday. Four days ago (Tuesday), he tweeted that the White Sox used to always make their big moves on Wednesdays. I don't think he had any inside information that something would happen with Manny/Harper on Wednesday.

Or are you referring to something else he said?

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don't believe he ever said anything about this coming Wednesday. Four days ago (Tuesday), he tweeted that the White Sox used to always make their big moves on Wednesdays. I don't think he had any inside information that something would happen with Manny/Harper on Wednesday.

Or are you referring to something else he said?

Rabbit has never actually put a timeline on it. Like you said, he said things usually happen on Wednesday but at no point did he ever say "the White Sox will sign Manny Machado on Wednesday."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Can you get pitchforks into SoxFest or do you have to check them with your coat?

I've never had any issues bringing one. I haven't been in a long time though. Can someone else confirm this?

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I really don't think rabbit would say Wednesday arbitrarily 

What are the odds he could possibly know ahead of time what will happen with Harper, when they could get Machado in for a physical...and signing press conference, it’s not the type of thing anyone but Reinsdorf, the front office and shareholders will know until the final hours if everything comes together quickly.

1 minute ago, SoCalSox said:

Rabbit has never actually put a timeline on it. Like you said, he said things usually happen on Wednesday but at no point did he ever say "the White Sox will sign Manny Machado on Wednesday."

He said would be surprised if they didn’t sign him by next Wednesday.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Dammit now we need to find another friend lol. I'm still not worried just yet. 

Zero reason to be concerned right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What are the odds he could possibly know ahead of time what will happen with Harper, when they could get Machado in for a physical...and signing press conference, it’s not the type of thing anyone but Reinsdorf, the front office and shareholders will know until the final hours if everything comes together quickly.

He doesn't know the exact day. That's why he put a timeline on it. Because he feels it's that close

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He said would be surprised if they didn’t sign him by next Wednesday.

Must have missed that yesterday then. I do think that Machado will sign somewhere next week. I think Harper will follow in the week or two after.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Zero reason to be concerned right now.

Isn't that what Custer said?

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Maybe NotHahn’s bad news is only in regards to Harper. 

I could see that being the case given how much he has hinted at us and Harper this week. 

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He also said the same thing a week ago and then wednesday passed with nothing.

seems like he might've mean this Wednesday