yesterday333

Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Maybe NotHahn’s bad news is only in regards to Harper. 

Could be. Wasn’t his initial info about Harper and nothing about Machado?

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

NotHahn, my man, I know it's snowing but it's been almost an hour since your post.  How far away do you live from this 1 yr old?

Hopefully nothing bad happened

3 minutes ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

I believe the longer the Manny hunt goes on, the worse it is for us. 

I disagree.  We can wait as long as anyone.  The Phillies will have to look at other options to improve their roster.  Also, I think it’s far less likely a mystery team jumps in the fray last second with Machado than Harper.

2 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

NotHahn, my man, I know it's snowing but it's been almost an hour since your post.  How far away do you live from this 1 yr old?

Most people aren't driving faster than 35 mph right now so I wouldn't be surprised if he was stuck driving for awhile. Everyone chill, grab your drink of choice, and listen to some music, come back in a bit and he probably will have posted. Why so eager for "bad news" anyway? 

2 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Could be. Wasn’t his initial info about Harper and nothing about Machado?

Yeah, he said that if we had never acquired Alonso and Jay, he would never have thought Manny was more realistic than Harper, based on his conversation with his source. I’m obviously paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines. 

9 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Maybe NotHahn’s bad news is only in regards to Harper. 

Now that would actually be believable

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I disagree.  We can wait as long as anyone.  

Of all the teams, the Sox should be able to wait the longest. Nothing else to do, really.,,,,or hopefully.

Long time lurker but I can tell you this,  simply is not true.  They are not happy with leaks and are all towing the company line now.      

• Like 4

Well if they don’t get him Brooks Boyer still has a marketing angle. 

We didn’t get you Manny but at least we got you his friends.

i don’t know how much NotHahns source is involved, but I would imagine if they knew it was bleak so would someone else and it would get out.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Well if they don’t get him Brooks Boyer still has a marketing angle. 

We didn’t get you Manny but at least we got you his friends.

Maybe we can get by with a little help from Manny's friends?

1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

Long time lurker but I can tell you this,  simply is not true.  They are not happy with leaks and are all towing the company line now.      

Who is they?  Please elaborate!

1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

Assuming you're referring to NotHahn's latest... I was wondering if his source would start giving him some fake news sooner or later. 😂

Just now, South Sider said:

Assuming you're referring to NotHahn's latest... I was wondering if his source would start giving him some fake news sooner or later. 😂

He's about as relevant as Bruce Levine so I guess that's possible?

• Haha 1

Maybe his bad news is he doesn’t have any new news at all or maybe his source didn’t show up to the birthday party or maybe his source doesn’t have any inside info on the manny situation, wait and we shall see

• Like 1

Just now, beckham15 said:

Maybe his bad news is he doesn’t have any new news at all or maybe his source didn’t show up to the birthday party or maybe his source doesn’t have any inside info on the manny situation, wait and we shall see

I thought of all that too, but then he wouldn’t have added “not looking good”. 

Just now, beckham15 said:

I hate breaking down semantics, but he clearly said he wishes he had better news and that it's not looking really good.  Obviously his source told him something negative.  As long as it's not overly specific, I'm not worried.

• Like 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I thought of all that too, but then he wouldn’t have added “not looking good”. 

even if it was omg good news mannys signing is imminent you have to take everything with a grain of salt until some national writers start talking about it, I just don’t believe anything at the moment. More clarity will come in the upcoming days after this meeting with Philly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Isn’t Joe Cool Man hanging out with his source today? I wouldn’t get your panties in a bunch unless he gets similar info. 

True