Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Of course he could, but I think the Reward outweighs the risk. How often do position players get beaned nowadays? It really doesn't happen all that often. The only real risk he has is blowing a knee running the bases and that only happens to two or three guys a season. The risk is minimal. 

Or ya know like a tragedy. People do die unexpectedly all the time. Those DR roads have claimed a few. Lyman Bostock shot. Tim Crews, Steve Olin Jose Fernandez, Thurman Munson, Roberto Clemente. Joe Kennedy , Corey Lidle, Yordano Ventura, Luis Valbuena,Nick Adenart, Darryl Kile  and many more.

White Sox had a pitcher Paul Edmundson who died in a car crash in 1970. Francisco Barrios died age 28, 1981 from a heart attack played whole career with Sox .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

One more thought, with the release of the information we saw yesterday from the Machado agent, I think any hopes of this being days away from being are now officially dashed.  If it were close, there would be no need for negotiations in the press of offers being SO far apart.

Also notice the lack of any tweets relating to his contract today?  Feels like it's going to be a while.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Who is that and why should anyone care what he thinks of the White Sox?

Twitter bio says he used to be affiliated with the Jim Rome show. I wouldn't know who Jim Rome is, either, except he once insinuated that a male guest was a woman and promptly got his ass beat by that same guest while still on the air.

Image result for ace ventura loser

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Also notice the lack of any tweets relating to his contract today?  Feels like it's going to be a while.

I think its going to mostly be quiet for the rest of the process.  Nobody is going to want to release any information unless they are 100% that they are accurate.  

Edited by Peacock Wrestler

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Twitter bio says he used to be affiliated with the Jim Rome show. I wouldn't know who Jim Rome is, either, except he once insinuated that a male guest was a woman and promptly got his ass beat by that same guest while still on the air.

Image result for ace ventura loser

That was Jim Everett right?

39 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

this list is missing people. one for sur is cody allen.

Craig Kimbrel RP 31
Ryan Madson RP 38
Tony Sipp RP 35
Shawn Kelley RP 35
Brad Brach RP 33
Justin Wilson RP 31
Adam Warren RP 31
Oliver Perez RP 37
Zach Duke RP 36
Nick Vincent RP 32
Sergio Romo RP 36
Jake Diekman RP 32
Tyler Clippard RP 35
Xavier Cedeno RP 32
Greg Holland RP 33
Tony Barnette RP 35
Aaron Loup RP 31
John Axford RP 36
Bud Norris RP 34
Dan Jennings RP 31
Alex Wilson RP 32
Cody Allen RP 30
AJ RAmos RP 31
jeremy blevins RP 35
Daniel Hudson RP 31
Jim Johnson RP 35
Brad Boxberger RP 31
Hunter Strickland RP 30
Vidal Nuno RP 30

Sorry it got cut off this is list of notables

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Frankly, I'd be stunned if we get resolution before pitchers and catchers report.

Where it gets fascinating is how many other players besides Manny and Harper are in limbo waiting for their decisions.  Guys like Pollock and Moustakas should wait until they decide to make teams more desperate.

1 minute ago, BigSexy23 said:

Craig Kimbrel RP 31
Ryan Madson RP 38
Tony Sipp RP 35
Shawn Kelley RP 35
Brad Brach RP 33
Justin Wilson RP 31
Adam Warren RP 31
Oliver Perez RP 37
Zach Duke RP 36
Nick Vincent RP 32
Sergio Romo RP 36
Jake Diekman RP 32
Tyler Clippard RP 35
Xavier Cedeno RP 32
Greg Holland RP 33
Tony Barnette RP 35
Aaron Loup RP 31
John Axford RP 36
Bud Norris RP 34
Dan Jennings RP 31
Alex Wilson RP 32
Cody Allen RP 30
AJ RAmos RP 31
jeremy blevins RP 35
Daniel Hudson RP 31
Jim Johnson RP 35
Brad Boxberger RP 31
Hunter Strickland RP 30
Vidal Nuno RP 30

I'd love to sign a guy like Cody Allen. Still a lot of good RP on the market

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Where it gets fascinating is how many other players besides Manny and Harper are in limbo waiting for their decisions.  Guys like Pollock and Moustakas should wait until they decide to make teams more desperate.

I mean, at least they serve (mm) as useful reminders of it not really getting better next year.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Or ya know like a tragedy. People do die unexpectedly all the time. Those DR roads have claimed a few. Lyman Bostock shot. Tim Crews, Steve Olin Jose Fernandez, Thurman Munson, Roberto Clemente. Joe Kennedy , Corey Lidle, Yordano Ventura, Luis Valbuena,Nick Adenart, Darryl Kile  and many more.

White Sox had a pitcher Paul Edmundson who died in a car crash in 1970. Francisco Barrios died age 28, 1981 from a heart attack played whole career with Sox .

If he dies, the team wouldn't keep paying his contract to this family. He only loses on the 1 year gamble if he makes it out alive.

I have watched Sox baseball since the mid 50's. NOTHING, concerning the Sox or MLB has been as weird as yesterday. So much "leaks", "rumors" "fighting" and whatever between the agent, "sources", and so called sports reporters! Really hard to believe they sunk this low. 

I think this will not be resolved soon. We could get to 1,000 pages here before anything is resolved.

I hope we get Machado. A lot of these same "leakers" and/or tweeters that are belittling Machado's character IMHO probably are for teams that will not be getting him. I have heard a couple people that supposedly know Machado that have a different take: They think Machado is the kind of player you hate if he is playing against you, but love if he is on your team. Sound familiar? Like a guy named "AJ"? I will take a 26 year old superstar that plays like AJ did any day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

I have watched Sox baseball since the mid 50's. NOTHING, concerning the Sox or MLB has been as weird as yesterday. So much "leaks", "rumors" "fighting" and whatever between the agent, "sources", and so called sports reporters! Really hard to believe they sunk this low. 

I think this will not be resolved soon. We could get to 1,000 pages here before anything is resolved.

I hope we get Machado. A lot of these same "leakers" and/or tweeters that are belittling Machado's character IMHO probably are for teams that will not be getting him. I have heard a couple people that supposedly know Machado that have a different take: They think Machado is the kind of player you hate if he is playing against you, but love if he is on your team. Sound familiar? Like a guy named "AJ"? I will take a 26 year old superstar that plays like AJ did any day. 

Shoot...I'd take AJ himself at this point...

19 minutes ago, BigSexy23 said:

Craig Kimbrel RP 31
Ryan Madson RP 38
Tony Sipp RP 35
Shawn Kelley RP 35
Brad Brach RP 33
Justin Wilson RP 31
Adam Warren RP 31
Oliver Perez RP 37
Zach Duke RP 36
Nick Vincent RP 32
Sergio Romo RP 36
Jake Diekman RP 32
Tyler Clippard RP 35
Xavier Cedeno RP 32
Greg Holland RP 33
Tony Barnette RP 35
Aaron Loup RP 31
John Axford RP 36
Bud Norris RP 34
Dan Jennings RP 31
Alex Wilson RP 32
Cody Allen RP 30
AJ RAmos RP 31
jeremy blevins RP 35
Daniel Hudson RP 31
Jim Johnson RP 35
Brad Boxberger RP 31
Hunter Strickland RP 30
Vidal Nuno RP 30

I don't follow the Giants, but what's Hunter Strickland's problem? Didn't they non tender him?

The sides have at least discussed a contract structure that would allow Chicago to exercise an option after year three that would trigger team control for an eighth or ninth year, according to major league sources. This probably accounts for some of the confusion over whether Machado has a seven or eight year offer on the table. He has likely been offered a contract that could be either.

In that structure, Machado would get to opt out after 2021 if the team doesn't opt in.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/could-the-swellopt-be-a-path-to-yankees-for-free-agent-manny-machado/302837298

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres