Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

From an article written by Manny:

Then there’s my Uncle Gio. He, along with my grandfather, was a father figure to me. I had a relationship with my biological father growing up, but he didn’t live with us and he wasn’t a part of my everyday life. My uncle was the one who taught me how to fix things, and how to drive a car.

Player's Tribune

I doubt he knows anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, G&T said:

From an article written by Manny:

Player's Tribune

I doubt he knows anything.

Yeah, but that could also mean his parents are divorced and he lives far away.  I have a buddy like that who is close to his dad, but wouldn't say he was a father figure because he'd only see him every once in a while even though they always talked.  

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

"Papa Machado knows nothing!" -Dan Lozano probably.

"Manny Machado's father has not spoken about teams offering contracts to Manny.  As a matter of fact, Machado does not have a father.  He was hatched in a laboratory that was trying to create the perfect baseball player." - Bruce Levine probably

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

just to go back to #hattalk. i don't think you can overstate the impact getting alonso and jay has on MM's decision just by looking at that picture alone. I know he's gonna follow the money but Manny seeing the sox hats on his sister and brother in law and nephew at least leaves some subconscious influence on him.  Gotta tip your cap to Rick and not be haters on him, he's trying.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

"Manny Machado's father has not spoken about teams offering contracts to Manny.  As a matter of fact, Machado does not have a father.  He was hatched in a laboratory that was trying to create the perfect baseball player." - Bruce Levine probably

Plot twist....Bruce Levine is the father and he was right all along..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

"He was said to have 250 million chromosomes, but it turned out to be 175 million. Still, quite the genetic marvel."

-Bruce Levine

Dallas Keuchel SP 31
Gio Gonzalez SP 33
Wade Miley SP 32
Clay Buchholz SP 34
Drew Pomeranz SP 30
Martin Perez SP 27
Jeremy Hellickson SP 31
Ervin Santana SP  
Brett Anderson SP 31

Jason Hammel SP 36
Edwin Jackson SP 35
Marco Estrada SP 35
Francisco Liriano SP 35
Doug Fister SP 35
Yovani Gallardo SP

Notable starters still left....not much

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres