Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, shipps said:

So the Padres casually stroll into this with no urgency? Express interest in meeting him just to decide if they might become more “involved”.

wtf is this 💩 

Yeah because the price is low on him now and he doesn’t seem like he’s signing anytime soon. 

Ultimately tho, I don’t buy there being teams that suddenly have the stupid money to spend as the Sox and Phillies have. 

Unless the Sox aren’t willing to get into the stupid money territory then which they never were really in it anyways. 

If it is in fact true the White Sox hold the lead offer... would Lozano be screwed if and when the Sox decide to pull out? Kind of like the “Hey, we had ya at 7/$175... good luck now with that second offer that’s slightly lower - tootles”

Yes, I know it’s probably higher than that 7/$175 but that is the only number we’ve really seen. 

Edited by ChiSox9

1 minute ago, ChiSox9 said:

If it is in fact true the White Sox hold the lead offer... would Lozano be screwed if and when the Sox decide to pull out? Kind of like the “Hey, we had ya at 7/$175... good luck now with that second offer that’s slightly lower - tootles”

No.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox9 said:

Yes, I know it’s probably higher than that 7/$175 but that is the only number we’ve really seen. 

no we've heard 8/250 and Lazaro dispelled the 7/175 and so did most baseball journalists

13 minutes ago, Saufley said:

At what point do you just say screw it? 

If I’m Hahn? I don’t know why I’d say screw it. I’m the reason the situation has continued along.

Some act like the worst possible situation was Sox bidding against themselves. To me it  is not getting Machado.

• Like 1

To the people saying we shouldn’t screw around and let other teams enter the race, what exactly do you want the Sox to do? Let’s say our offer is 8 for $250 right now. If we said, “Alright, let’s make it 8 for $275,” do you think he would all of a sudden sign? No way. They would just say that’s not enough and we’d be in the same spot now, except with a higher offer, which is exactly what Lozano wants. 

You have to ask their side what it would take to sign. I’m sure that number is astronomically high, but then you negotiate, which is I’m sure what has been happening. I also think the opt outs are causing a problem right now. I’m guessing Lozano wants one after 3 years and we are refusing to give that.

Just relax people, jeez. It's too hard to know how serious people are and it's too hard to know what the motives of the agent/player in waiting are. Don't forget there's a pissing contest between Lozano and Boras that makes both of them really want the other to sign first.

What's the problem? Just because SD officially throws their hat into the mix doesn't mean they will sign him. They even said they jumped in because the bids were lower than expected, which they should. During winter we've seen the Sox, Yanks and Phillies favored to sign or were about to sign Machado. It's the end of January and he hasn't signed yet. Don't freak over ever rumor, they are just rumors.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres