Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

12 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Hector is starting to get annoying. He's honestly no different than Dan Clark right now, other than he hasn't been wrong yet. I guess im glad he is confident, but he's setting himself for a world of shit if Manny doesn't come to the Sox.

Hector is way different than Dan Clark. Hector is a professional who seemed respected, as he was followed by top baseball reporters. He reported info and has just reaffirmed it - that Manny had a big offer from the Sox and was likely to sign there. Dan Clark was a conman who was quickly fired from his one job covering baseball. He made up a report, then attacked and insulted anybody who questioned him. He kept making up more details - Manny was sure to sign with the Yankees, he had a contract offer which we learned the team never even made, they already scheduled a press conference.

Hector likes the attention Sox fans are giving him, so he keeps responding and retweeting "Manny to Sox" stuff because he needs to keep giving content to stay important, but he's not lying like Clark did. Not even close, to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I can't see it happening today.  With the debut of the AAF happening tonight, the Sox dont want this signing to get buried I. The headlines.   Perhaps, it will leak tomorrow with a presser early next week.

On a side note the AAF is putting more money into a new than any of the others since the USFL. Friends of mine took jobs as ATs and the pay is pretty good.

After that Duquette carp, It’s hilarious to me that if you scan twitter, Yankees fans are so confident they get Machado and White Sox fans are all doom and gloom. Such a  contrast. We have had so much more smoke and positive rumors yet we still don’t believe. 

Edited by Orlando
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I can't see it happening today.  With the debut of the AAF happening tonight, the Sox dont want this signing to get buried I. The headlines.   Perhaps, it will leak tomorrow with a presser early next week.

Buried in that? I’m not even positive what that even is. Is it the new football league? That’s not really a big deal is it? 

I hope this does not offend anyone because I mean no offense. There are some loyal and dedicated and knowledgeable Sox fans here. I like to think of myself as the same. I want Machado and/or Harper on the Sox at least as much as anyone on this site. But, I am getting turned off by the greed of these players. How much money do they need? Do they have to string this thing out all this time like this just to milk out a few more million? Could they even spend $250 MILLION, if that is what the Sox offer is? At this point I would rather they go sign in Japan and the Sox just play the young guys. At least the young guys want to be here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shipps said:

Buried in that? I’m not even positive what that even is. Is it the new football league? That’s not really a big deal is it? 

Some good coaches. Mike martz, Steve Spurrier, Rick Neuheisel.

Did a smart thing by trying to get players, especially QBs to play near their college towns. May create local interest.  Bill Polian is one of the people to create and run the league.

Edited by ptatc

12 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

I hope this does not offend anyone because I mean no offense. There are some loyal and dedicated and knowledgeable Sox fans here. I like to think of myself as the same. I want Machado and/or Harper on the Sox at least as much as anyone on this site. But, I am getting turned off by the greed of these players. How much money do they need? Do they have to string this thing out all this time like this just to milk out a few more million? Could they even spend $250 MILLION, if that is what the Sox offer is? At this point I would rather they go sign in Japan and the Sox just play the young guys. At least the young guys want to be here.

So you'd rather the owners keep more money? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

That isn't greed.  They should get every penny that they can.  Who is anyone to say that 250 million is "enough" or not enough- the market will decide that.  They have a specific set of skills that very few people on the planet have and they will and should get paid for it.  Just like the owners have every right to make the maximum profit that the market will allow.  What fans think they are worth doesn't matter-  what matters is what the owners think.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Just a small taste of our fandom right now lol

Yes. A large portion of the fanbase doesn't pay close attention and everything will always come down to "Reinsdorf cheap." It takes about 3 seconds of deductive reasoning to see that if Machado wanted to play for the Yankees, the Yankees offered him $220 mil, and the Sox offered him $175 mil, Manny and his agent would block Rick Hahn's phone number. But these people don't pay close attention other than the final outcome of whether he's signed or not. This story is false, but it fits their narrative.

Edited by Roughneck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What do you mean?

Because if they really offered him that, it means Sox offer isn’t as ridiculously low as some reported if they’re still in contention.  This report wasn’t some breaking news that they just offered him this.  It also reiterates though that Hahn can’t be negotiating trying to get Manny for lowest possible price.  We don’t have “home field advantage” in this negotiation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres