Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Mark Texiera was on one of the ESPN morning shows today, and he went into detail about feeling sorry for Machado/Harper because the big market teams are not bidding for them, even saying that they possibly do not want to play for any of the teams that are making offers.

Mark Texiera was on one of the ESPN morning shows today, and he went into detail about feeling sorry for Machado/Harper because the big market teams are not bidding for them, even saying that they possibly do not want to play for any of the teams that are making offers.

If that is the case

They should contract twenty teams

They do not matter

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Mark Texiera was on one of the ESPN morning shows today, and he went into detail about feeling sorry for Machado/Harper because the big market teams are not bidding for them, even saying that they possibly do not want to play for any of the teams that are making offers.

Really feel sorry for these guys.  Must really suck only getting $250M and not getting to play for the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Cubs.  Sometimes life just isn’t fair I guess.

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

See, I'll say MM signs before 700. This thread was flying but it's somewhat slowed. It feels like it got to 350 quickly but it's been slower to get to 600. I say Machado signs between today and 2/20.

Paring off a heavy hitter like Peavy44 was a tough blow to the thread post count but we will persevere 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Really feel sorry for these guys.  Must really suck only getting $250M and not getting to play for the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Cubs.  Sometimes life just isn’t fair I guess.

Sometimes you just need to pout in Texas before you are traded to the Yankees

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Lol what a tool

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Might as well make it a 4 team league with the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cubs and just get rid of the 26 other teams then!

43 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Then there lies the problem.  This would suggest that the players are as much to blame for this FA mess as the owners.  If they all want a big market team then why don’t we just can most of the teams in this league and go with an 8-team super league.  It’s comments like Texiera’s that prove there’s more to this than owners manipulating profits.  Guys turning down hundreds of millions of dollars cause...sniff sniff...”it’s not the Yankees...” 

Just makes me love our 05 team even more.  They just showed up and played baseball better than you.  

Edited by FT35
  • Like 3

baseball cards

spread out on the bed 

April rain

biking to the field 

under a cloudless sky 

my glove on the handlebars

empty baseball field 

a dandelion seed floats

through the strike zone

village ball game 

through knotholes in the old fence 

evening sunbeams

August heat 

umpire and manager 

nose to nose 

after the error

the player still faces the outfield 

towering clouds

lost in the lights

the high fly ball that 

never comes down

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FT35 said:

Then there lies the problem.  This would suggest that the players are as much to blame for this FA mess as the owners.  If they all want a big market team then why don’t we just can most of the teams in this league and go with an 8-team super league.  It’s comments like Texiera’s that prove there’s more to this than owners manipulating profits. 

Yep.  And then agents complain about smaller market teams choosing to pare back for a rebuild.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

baseball cards

spread out on the bed 

April rain

biking to the field 

under a cloudless sky 

empty baseball field 

a dandelion seed floats

through the strike zone

village ball game 

evening sunbeams

August heat 

umpire and manager 

nose to nose 

after the error

towering clouds

lost in the lights

the high fly ball that 

never comes down

No one likes a show-off.

32 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I've seen a bunch of Tweets and articles saying the Sox offered 8 years and $250M.  Was this new information or just based on what Gomez had said in the past?

I dont think there’s any new information. FWIW, I dont think there’s much of any actual info at all — most of our reported “offer” figures are just speculation from writers that gets repeated enough that people believe it’s actually a leak. 

Edited by Eminor3rd

This has been an extremely frustrating off season.  You have to figure that the signing of a lot of the other free agents out there won't happen until Harper and Machado do.  With pitchers and catchers reporting this week, there are still some valuable arms out there unsigned.  You'd have to think (hope) that something happens this week.

I still think that 8/250 is legit. Passan is legit. He reported 8 years first as fact. Hector has also consistently reported it. After Lozano shot down the 7/175 deal, the GOAT Rosenthal said he doesn’t know the exact numbers but 7/175 was way off. I find it crazy that the 7/175 is being spread as fact over and over again when Buster, Nightengale and Levine/ Chicago beat writers are the ones pushing it.

Edited by Orlando

44 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

baseball cards

spread out on the bed 

April rain

biking to the field 

under a cloudless sky 

empty baseball field 

a dandelion seed floats

through the strike zone

village ball game 

evening sunbeams

August heat 

umpire and manager 

nose to nose 

after the error

towering clouds

lost in the lights

the high fly ball that 

never comes down

Those are actually pretty damn poetic.  A+

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I still think that 8/250 is legit. Passan is legit. He reported 8 years first as fact. Hector has also consistently reported it. After Lozano shot down the 7/175 deal, the GOAT Rosenthal said he doesn’t know the exact numbers but 7/175 was way off. I find it crazy that the 7/175 is being spread as fact over and over again when Buster, Nightengale and Levine/ Chicago beat writers are the ones pushing it.

Some form of a swellopt 8 year/250 deal should be very competitive to getting Machado signed if true

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres