Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

Jesus Christ some of you people are so bipolar. He's coming, he's not coming. Just RELAX

I really have no idea what all these people are talking about. For some reason today, everyone just collectively decided that he's not coming I guess 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I really have no idea what all these people are talking about. For some reason today, everyone just collectively decided that he's not coming I guess 

There's nothing bad for the Sox in that Martino article.  It still says the belief is he'll take the most money offered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don't know when it will be, and it won't be yet, but sometime soon the White Sox are going to throw their hands up and say the season is starting and they're out, good luck. We're now in the week that pitchers and catchers report, so everyone can suddenly hear the clock ticking in the background.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know when it will be, and it won't be yet, but sometime soon the White Sox are going to throw their hands up and say the season is starting and they're out, good luck. We're now in the week that pitchers and catchers report, so everyone can suddenly hear the clock ticking in the background.

I don't know about this. I actually wrote a blog post last week about this very idea. I think the White Sox have the upper hand because they, unlike the Phillies, are not expected to compete this year, so they are able to just wait and wait and wait because their 2019 roster isn't the priority 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This is a HORRIBLE take. the White sox are the team that can wait the longest because they arent expected to contend this year. It literally makes no difference to the sox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hahn is the same person that said Sox fans won't care if Manny signed in December or March if he hits a walk-off homer.  I really don't get the negativity today from so many.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don't know about this. I actually wrote a blog post last week about this very idea. I think the White Sox have the upper hand because they, unlike the Phillies, are not expected to compete this year, so they are able to just wait and wait and wait because their 2019 roster isn't the priority 

Exactly, we have no reason to throw our hands up, even if the season started. We've always known we aren't going for it this season, its all about the future. If Manny wants to sign here in June why would we say no?

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Why in the world would they do that? "We don't want this game changer for the next 8-10 years because we're not sure what to do with Yolmer Sanchez in spring training."

Edited by mqr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Everyone is melting down and yet Fathom is optimistic. What in the world is going on today 

here are the things that would cause a meltdown if they happened, outside of both signing elsewhere on same day (in which case, melt away):

- Yankees trading Andujar

- Cubs trading Heyward

- Harper signing with a team that's not the Phillies

- Sox signing Moustakas

• Like 2

Padres' The Athletic writer opines that Lozano is asking the Pads to give a number, and when they do, they'll be granted a meeting

Since the Pads havent hit the number, they havent gotten the meeting.

So... sounds good to me. He also said "more waiting is on the agenda. neither agent wants their guy to sign first"

10 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

I think it ebbs and flows based on when media brings up the big market teams. If a media member mentions the yanks with MM or cubs with Harper everybody loses their minds...

For me I haven’t even read anything in the media today it was just a feeling I got. It means nothing, just a familiar feeling. 

I have said from the start of this that I never felt like time would be on the Sox side. Time will allow for so many variables to take place that will leave the Sox out. There more this goes on the greater the chance that something happens to knock them out. They needed to be aggressive in my opinion. They are making a business decision in playing this semi conservatively, it appears. Ultimately who the heck knows what’s going on behind the scene though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shipps said:

For me I haven’t even read anything in the media today it was just a feeling I got. It means nothing, just a familiar feeling. 

I have said from the start of this that I never felt like time would be on the Sox side. Time will allow for so many variables to take place that will leave the Sox out. There more this goes on the greater the chance that something happens to knock them out. They needed to be aggressive in my opinion. They are making a business decision in playing this semi conservatively, it appears. Ultimately who the heck knows what’s going on behind the scene though. 

Shut up shipps

• Haha 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres