Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Lurker here but I have been following this thread for awhile...

My buddy who is just a Sox fan with no sources messaged me the following this morning:

Wife has a couple Chicago cops in the family. 2 are on "special duty" today at Comiskey.”

However, he was unaware of the Fast Pitch event at GRate.  When I told him about this event, he said damn.  However, the Rawlings gloves are still giving me hope that the Sox nab him and possibly soon.

Edited by Machado2Sox

1 minute ago, Machado2Sox said:

Lurker here but I have been following this thread for awhile...

My buddy who is just a Sox fan with no sources messaged me the following this morning:

Wife has a couple Chicago cops in the family. 2 are on "special duty" today at Comiskey.”

However, he was unaware of the Fast Pitch even at GRate.  When I told him about this, he said damn.  However, the Rawlings gloves are still giving me hope that the Sox nab him and possibly soon.

Yep. There's 100 participants for that, each one can bring 1-3 people, and people were able to email the team if they wanted to just spectate. So there could be anywhere between 100 to I'll guess 500 people there.

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Why do we keep seeing articles and reporters talking about the Sox being a sleeper to land one of Machado/Harper?  It's been known all off season that the Sox were going to be serious about this.

Sleeper to win the world series, not Manny

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

This is so wrong. The Sox even with one of them will not make the World Series.

Completely agree.  But to be fair, they are not claiming they will make or win the World Series. They are just claiming they are a sleeper. Stranger things have happened in sports. For example, I think the Sox winning the World Series next year is more likely than a basketball team coming back from 23 down with 9:10 remaining to win a game...and that happened last night.

But yeah, there is no realistic chance the Sox are winning it all next year. And getting +3300 odds isn't even close to worth it.

8 minutes ago, mqr said:

I just got a text from my dad that he has a feeling it’s happening today. I can’t escape those people. 

I usually get home from work after my dad and every day for the past 3-4 weeks (possibly longer), the first thing I'm asked when I walk in the door is: "any news on the Sox and those guys (Machado and Harper obviously)?" It's getting ridiculous lol

Edited by soxfan2014

17 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

Hector just Retweeted this...

I don’t think Hector knows exactly when Machado will sign but I think he has the feeling it will be soon.  He seems to have the most inside knowledge of Machado and his agents dealings, likely from Machado’s dad.

Just now, Machado2Sox said:

I don’t think Hector knows exactly when Machado will sign but I think he has the feeling it will be soon.  He seems to have the most inside knowledge of Machado and his agents dealings, likely from Machado’s dad.

Just let me believe he knows that it is happening today.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres