Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, peppers312 said:

what color were his mitts during his time with BAL and LA...? 

There are pictures earlier in the thread and this thing called search on this thing called the internet on this thing called a computer and even more shocking it can be done on a phone now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Where is the empty locker for Bryce? Imagine they both pull up in a limo and walk out together with Hahn. The baseball world would stop....and ESPN would crap a brick because they would actually have to cover them. 

In that scenario, I would expect Vince McMahon to come out of the limo and laugh maniacally at all of the press expecting it to be Machado and/or Harper to announce he has purchased the Sox from Jerry and is cutting the payroll to Rays/Marlins levels.

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Between the fan event at the Grate and the potential Rick Hahn presser we should get some fireworks regardless. 

The Hahn presser is routine and happens every year on Day 1 of Spring Training. That’s why I’m losing faith in Hector, who seems to be implying that he’s gonna drop some news during it. I’m sure it’ll be typical Hahnspeak that will make 50% of the board extremely pessimistic and 50% of the board extremely optimistic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Between the fan event at the Grate and the potential Rick Hahn presser we should get some fireworks regardless. 

and I guarantee Hahn says today that while they're still looking to upgrade the roster, they're content with what they have and are ready to go into the regular season with what they have.

• Like 2

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

The Hahn presser is routine and happens every year on Day 1 of Spring Training. That’s why I’m losing faith in Hector, who seems to be implying that he’s gonna drop some news during it. I’m sure it’ll be typical Hahnspeak that will make 50% of the board extremely pessimistic and 50% of the board extremely optimistic. 

The only thing being maybe he casually mentions Machado has agreed to terms. But doubtful. At least when he is done speaking, we can all go on with the rest of our day.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

and I guarantee Hahn says today that while they're still looking to upgrade the roster, they're content with what they have and are ready to go into the regular season with what they have.

Rick is most definitely a lawyer. Does a lot of talking for saying nothing.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

yeah, I don't buy much of what he is selling by looking through his tweets. if manny doesn't want to go west, and SD is wanting to do a shorter contract per his other tweets, how would those two things combined put SD in the lead for Machado. Makes no sense to me

Also, most speculation I've seen have the nats there just to benefit Harper's pursuit of a contract.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Did George Costanza end up getting that job with the Mets after all? These things are misleading because 1) most of the time, "front office person" is some random worker and not the GM; and 2) They wouldn't have any info, just guessing like any of us.

That being said, Harper is 100% not signing with the Giants due to their park. The Yankees are out on Machado, and Manny hasn't met with the Padres or even received an offer from them yet. I don't know how anyone who has been paying attention to the reports could think those were realistic destinations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

We can only remain hopefully Machado to the Sox gets done. I'm not sure the fanbase can handle him signing anywhere else at this point. 

1 minute ago, Kiebs13 said:

yeah, I don't buy much of what he is selling by looking through his tweets. if manny doesn't want to go west, and SD is wanting to do a shorter contract per his other tweets, how would those two things combined put SD in the lead for Machado. Makes no sense to me

Also, most speculation I've seen have the nats there just to benefit Harper's pursuit of a contract.

My guess is they are thinking that Pads have made latest push publicly so are probably most likely. 

I think that it's clear their finances cannot support Machado with Myers and Hosmer on the books and am not worried.

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

We can only remain hopefully Machado to the Sox gets done. I'm not sure the fanbase can handle him signing anywhere else at this point. 

Especially if he went to SD, which I really doubt. While it may not be true, it would imply they sat on their hands all winter and didn't up the offer enough allowing SD to come out of nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Did George Costanza end up getting that job with the Mets after all? These things are misleading because 1) most of the time, "front office person" is some random worker and not the GM; and 2) They wouldn't have any info, just guessing like any of us.

That being said, Harper is 100% not signing with the Giants due to their park. The Yankees are out on Machado, and Manny hasn't met with the Padres or even received an offer from them yet. I don't know how anyone who has been paying attention to the reports could think those were realistic destinations.

I've been constantly saying the 2nd paragraph you wrote to anybody that will listen.

Harper- Phillies, Sox or Padres

Manny- Sox, Phillies

That's it. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres