Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

19 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

With remembering yesterday’s tea leaves, I think it’s the Sox and the agent is using Philly to squeeze the Sox for more money (if it’s true that’s Manny doesn’t like Philly).

It definitely does seem with the “Phillies are getting serious” hear today that what you’re saying could be accurate.

If it is down to us and the Phillies that really makes me think this might be close for us. The whole Philly meeting with Bryce on Saturday thing is just so weird if they are looking to close this out with Manny now. I really like this all.

Edited by Ross Gload Fan

14 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Im fairly certain we have the best offer too. I think WSD has said something alluding to the fact that we're the only team willing to go 7 years (which would be wild)

I don’t buy that and honestly when it comes down to the wire, offers can radically change.  I wouldn’t rule out anything with the Phillies.  Just got to hope adding all of Machado’s buddies forces his agent to give us a right to match anything at the end. 

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Isn’t Scarface “the world is yours”? Or is it both?

Either way, it clearly says Shy’s the hint. Shy as in Chi. Chi as in Chicago. Chicago as in White Sox. Hint as in I’m signing with dem ShySox

Nah, you're right. It's been too long.  I think the font got me. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres