Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Anyone else think it is possible he just doesn't like the market this year and he takes a 1-year deal with the Yankees and goes through it again next year? 

No. He could get at least a 3 year deal with an opt out year 1 I'd imagine. 

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I think it’s awfully close to decision time and is one final ploy for more money before deciding

Yep. Trying to get closer to $300M. 

If... sorry, WHEN... the Sox pull this off. If it is for 7 years, do we still think there is going to be an opt out in there? Seems a little risky throwing one in there after year 4, and that's really the only logical place to put one on a "shorter" term deal.

So I was on a run and thinking about a potential Machado to the White Sox contract. I thought to myself, “Man, I think the White Sox should give Manny 10-year, $325 million.” Then I thought, “That seems like a lot.”

I started thinking about the potential revenue that Machado alone could bring to the franchise, though. I’m no math wiz, but here’s what I came up with. 

Average of 2,000 per game attendance increase at an average of $20 a ticket: $3.24 million per season. 

Assume 1,500 of those people park at $20 per spot: $2.43 million. 

Assume each one of those people spends an average of $15 on food: $2.43 million.

That alone is roughly $8.5 million per year in park revenue just from the Machado addition. Not even including retail sales. And I’m sure my numbers are way off, but that’s what I came up with.

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't know if this was posted but Heyman tonight on the MLB network said that he has been told Machado will not sign for anything less then Stanton's record breaking deal and that if he has to wait until the season starts, or even sit the year out, he will.

Personally I find that hard to fathom but that what he said.

Yeah. He is going to punt on $250 million because he didn't get 325,000,001.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Anyone else think it is possible he just doesn't like the market this year and he takes a 1-year deal with the Yankees and goes through it again next year? 

Sure he’s just trying to get Yonder’s option picked up and Jay a 2-year deal

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That’s about as likely as you being serious when, 50 minutes ago, you said you were signing off for a while.  😉

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Yep. Trying to get closer to $300M. 

If... sorry, WHEN... the Sox pull this off. If it is for 7 years, do we still think there is going to be an opt out in there? Seems a little risky throwing one in there after year 4, and that's really the only logical place to put one on a "shorter" term deal.

Anyone think the Sox wouldn't go $300M?

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

That’s about as likely as you being serious when, 50 minutes ago, you said you were signing off for a while.  😉

Touche. I can't help myself. I'm mildly irritated that there is so much misinformation going around. I'd rather be completely in the dark than read this bullshit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

So I was on a run and thinking about a potential Machado to the White Sox contract. I thought to myself, “Man, I think the White Sox should give Manny 10-year, $325 million.” Then I thought, “That seems like a lot.”

I started thinking about the potential revenue that Machado alone could bring to the franchise, though. I’m no math wiz, but here’s what I came up with. 

Average of 2,000 per game attendance increase at an average of $20 a ticket: $3.24 million per season. 

Assume each one of those people spends an average of $15 on food: $2.43 million.

That alone is roughly $8.5 million per year in park revenue just from the Machado addition. Not even including retail sales. And I’m sure my numbers are way off, but that’s what I came up with.

This is precisely what the Sox are modeling as well. 

5 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

and add into that the revenue generated from the sale of Alonso and Jay jerseys at the park.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres