Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This is just going off of history, but the Sox would sit on this for as long as they have to release it in the optimal time/way. They'd want to dominate the news and take full advantage of this. Obviously the primary concern is signing him, but once/if they know that they him, they are going to make sure the media is empowered and enabled to tell the world it is putting the Sox back on the map. 

Absolutely. That's the smartest way to go about something of this magnitude too

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

I think that would be more than fair. I imagine everyone just wants an answer. Being in limbo creates anxiety.

What my source said last Sunday was that this last week was the week they were very hopeful for. So that didn't happen. I can understand the frustration. The FO thought they were going to be signed by Christmas originally. 

3 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

What my source said last Sunday was that this last week was the week they were very hopeful for. So that didn't happen. I can understand the frustration. The FO thought they were going to be signed by Christmas originally. 

nothahn i blame them i know it just lozano trying get the right deal for manny but in your opion do you think they should move on if this is anoying to  a point enough is enough

Edited by timbo8

2 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Makes sense. Being the messenger sucks sometimes. I’m sure the other teams involved are also frustrated and exhausted. Thanks for the input. 

30 minutes ago, raBBit said:

2.) To the the new poster with a negative source. Regardless of what he said, someone posting on the board for the very first time and the whole board collectively freaks out?  

Past that, 2 things on it:

I’ll apologize on behalf of the collective for believing someone other than the almighty raBBit. We all await your scripture. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sox72 said:

I’ll apologize on behalf of the collective for believing someone other than the almighty raBBit. We all await your scripture. 

Yeah that's not what I said. If someone joins the board and quickly starts having sources, that should raise eye brows. If someone that has been here for a while says something, it's a different story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This is just going off of history, but the Sox would sit on this for as long as they have to release it in the optimal time/way. They'd want to dominate the news and take full advantage of this. Obviously the primary concern is signing him, but once/if they know that they him, they are going to make sure the media is empowered and enabled to tell the world it is putting the Sox back on the map. 

I would think Tuesday/Wednesday would be optimal considering the attention the  NFL Playoffs get. 

33 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This place has been something lately.

2.) To the the new poster with a negative source. Regardless of what he said, someone posting on the board for the very first time and the whole board collectively freaks out?  

Every song's a comeback
Every moment's a little bit later 

3 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

Come on, man...let’s not go here.   I doubt raBBit is looking for this parallel reference either.  

4 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

nothahn i blame them i know it just lozano trying get the right deal for manny but in your opion do you think they should move on if this is anoying to  a point enough is enough

Oh no. In my opinion you stay in it as long as possible and throw the highest offer to both of them. Unfortunately I feel we may have to over pay. Not my $$ though.

7 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

Any organization who has failed at landing the big fish and are legit contenders to land one now doesn’t move on, you would be a fool to do that. I get frustration but you’ve gone to the obvious and acquired his brother in law and work out partner to entice him to sign, you don’t get up from the table on a franchise changing player like this. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I’m in no way an insider or source, nor will I pretend to be. But I worked with a current GM (unrelated to any Sox stuff or relevant negotiations) that wheeled a mega trade minutes before walking down the aisle to get married. I don’t think the higher ups really take time off. 

Yup, $250M+ transactions don’t take weekends off if there is momentum.

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Yeah that's not what I said. If someone joins the board and quickly starts having sources, that should raise eye brows. If someone that has been here for a while says something, it's a different story.

Does it matter that I have been looking at soxtalk fourms for 3 or 4 years and didn't say anything until recently? Like I said before PM if you want to know more info on my source. Already responded to 6 or 7 of you.

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres