Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

That is an interesting option, and explains all the info out there re 7/8/possibly 9. 

I can kind of see the 7 years/ $175  as an offer. If the sox opt in for him then the salary would skyrocket after three years to make the deal equal to 8/250.

$25 million for the first 3 years

If the sox pick up the extra year (or two) his contract would become  $35 million until the contract runs out 

Edited by Peacock Wrestler

1 minute ago, fathom said:

btw, Yanks seem to be close to trading Sonny Gray and a reliever (Kahnle and/or Holder).  Got to hope this isn't all setting up for them to trade Andujar for Kluber.

Don't think trading Andujar matters, Kluber would put them well over Luxury alone I believe

18 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Yankees will end up with Machado because the great Rick Hahn can't offer fair value for Manny. Good for Hahn. Hope the guy gets lit up at SoxFest for this garbage off-season he's had 

I disagree with you.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

btw, Yanks seem to be close to trading Sonny Gray and a reliever (Kahnle and/or Holder).  Got to hope this isn't all setting up for them to trade Andujar for Kluber.

They were going to trade grey no matter what cause they wanted him out of NY cause he can't pitch there. Almost weren't going to trade him cause of cc health but seems he's good to go. 

Just now, aeichhor said:

They were going to trade grey no matter what cause they wanted him out of NY cause he can't pitch there. Almost weren't going to trade him cause of cc health but seems he's good to go. 

Still reports out that they want one more starting pitcher option.  I'm not saying Gray signifies that they're going after Kluber, more that the wheels seem to be in motion for them to execute whatever plans they have.

9 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Yankees will end up with Machado because the great Rick Hahn can't offer fair value for Manny. Good for Hahn. Hope the guy gets lit up at SoxFest for this garbage off-season he's had 

Shouldn't you be waiting in line for the convention to start tomorrow so you can personally welcome Daniel Descalso to Chicago? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Any ideas as to how reporters in New York are the ones finding out about our opt-out discussions with Machado?

The first time I read it I just assumed they were speculating that it COULD be there, not that it IS in there.  I don't believe they would know this information for sure either. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres