Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

15 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

The Score asking whether Machado should sit out 2019 rather than sign a team friendly deal with the Sox.  Could you imagine if the Cubs were in pursuit of Harper, them tweeting "Should Harper threaten to sit out 2019 if he doesn't get an offer he likes?"

The score is so bad...WOW!

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

But there's also this:

Maybe this dad doesn't know anything, but is trying his darndest to get closer to manny now that he's about to get paid, and loves the attention that was showered on him by a reporter just because he's tied to him.

Once the info came out that Manny isn't really close to him at all, I came to this same judgement. He might have talked to Manny a bit but doubt Manny suddenly let's his dad have a seat in his close circle. 

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Once the info came out that Manny isn't really close to him at all, I came to this same judgement. He might have talked to Manny a bit but doubt Manny suddenly let's his dad have a seat in his close circle. 

I saw someone say that he talked to Manny’s mom yesterday 

• Thanks 1

Guys the morning show 5 at 5 is sometimes serious and sometimes joking.   Don't take that literally, they have been laughing about Scottie Pippen saying that Zion should sit out his college season and this is a play off that

GUYS! I've solved the video..

It is NOT Jon Jay in the video 100% (still can't be sure it's Manny). BUT this person is holding a bat, hard to see, in his LEFT hand.  Any batter that holds a bat will hold it in the hand that is on the bottom of the bat.  A right handed hitter (Manny) will hold it in his left.  A left handed hitter (Jay) would hold it in his right.. AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

I'll accept a slew of post likes for this.  

Edited by cjgalloway
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cjgalloway said:

It is NOT Jon Jay in the video 100% (still can't be sure it's Manny). BUT this person is holding a bat, hard to see, in his LEFT hand.  Any batter that holds a bat will hold it in the hand that is on the bottom of the bat.  A right handed hitter (Manny) will hold it in his left.  A left handed hitter (Jay) would hold it in his right.. AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

No.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Philly really does seem to be the only competition here. This has been beyond annoying, but it feels like if the Sox play this just right, they may be able to add a franchise changing player in the prime of his career for WAY under what was originally anticipated. It could be a deal we look back on in three years and say "Can you believe the Sox got this guy for this amount? Baseball was so screwed up back then..." 

Think it still just comes down to patience at this point. Now, if they don't get Machado or Harper, all bets are off. 

Even 8/250 seems like a steal for Machado. Usually the back end of those long term free agent deals are rough, but Machado is so young now that he could conceivably still be good at the end of it. He'd only be like 34 by then.

9 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

No no...it’s Machado’s dad in the video.  Plain as day!  

1 minute ago, Kpet1010 said:

I dont remember following them lol swear to god

I'm telling you, there are so many random users that pop up in my feed that i have no idea how i followed them (it seems like a pretty deliberate action)

14 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

Deal

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres