Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Manny fills a position of need much better than Harper does.

I guess but the Sox need a super star. They don’t have one. Haven’t had one since Sale. Either guy they need equally as bad imo. 

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I guess but the Sox need a super star. They don’t have one. Haven’t had one since Sale. Either guy they need equally as bad imo. 

Curious why you think that.  I couldn't care less if anybody knows a White Sox player's name if they are winning.  

2 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Curious why you think that.  I couldn't care less if anybody knows a White Sox player's name if they are winning.  

Chances are among the young talent the Sox have in house there isn’t that bat available to protect and pair with Jimenez. There are some great prospects to fill up that lineup, just not that generational talent like MM or Harper that can really transform the future of this group. 

14 minutes ago, Lillian said:

That scenario has crossed my mind, but it just seems like an awful lot of money and effort to expend on a misdirection. That would be quite a complex strategy. Most importantly, what would they be gaining by such a tactic? Would all of these overtures toward Machado be to simply convince Boras and his client, that they aren't really interested in acquiring him, because they prefer Machado? 

Simplest explanation for this is that they want both. I do not buy for one single second that the Harper market is less active than the Machado one. We are just not witnessing as much movement ourselves.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Even then, he’s older, has the lesser road splits and his personality might not be a perfect fit in NYC.

The last three years, 830 vs. 1.057 away vs. road OPS.

Interesting thing I heard listening to the mlb statcast podcast is that most Rockies hitters actually have much better road splits when they leave the Rockies. So basically Rockies players aren't as good as their home splits make you think, but they are also much better than their road splits would make you think. 

• Thanks 1

Why would the Rockies trade Arenado after winning 91 games and making the playoffs last year? The Rockies, unlike Baltimore, have two third base prospects to fall back after the '19 if the Rockies can't extend Arenado. I think the Rockes keep Arenado and make another playoff run.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Even then, he’s older, has the lesser road splits and his personality might not be a perfect fit in NYC.

The last three years, 830 vs. 1.057 away vs. road OPS.

Nolan would be a great fit personality wise with Judge and Stanton. Manny is the one who I think would be a bad fit, attitude-wise, in NY

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres