Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

My Blu-ray copy of The Parent Trap did just sell on EBay to a J. Pederson from California. I never made the connection, but I think you’re on to something. 

This can only mean that there is a deal in place between the Sox and Machado that hinges on the Joc Pederson trade. Yep, I'm sure of it!

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At least we now a temporary diversion...seems like we were all of the verge of going insane or inane in the membrane there for awhile.

Doubt the Pederson thing takes more than 2-3 days, if it’s actually going to happen.

We need more rumors, more trade chatter!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Poor Heyman, he followed TA over two months ago and has followed Delmonico for years. Not to mention he missed Yolmer, whom Machado followed a few days ago

Yeah, Heyman likely meant IG because Manny doesn't have Twitter, and like you said, he's been following Delmonico and TA for a while now. 

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe it's sacrilege to ask this, but has WSD broken any Sox stories recently? There's no chance he lost his source/sources, right?

Honestly, I think he does have definite credible sources and is telling the truth when he does actually talk, but he doesnt want to be spewing everything he hears because he respects who he gets info from and doesnt want to jeopardize their job. Also, he doesnt want to be Dan Clark lol

Edited by Ross Gload Fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Honestly, I think he does have definite credible sources and is telling the truth when he does actually talk, but he doesnt want to be spewing everything he hears because he respects who he gets info from and doesnt want to jeopardize their job. Also, he doesnt want to be Dan Clark lol

Also doesn’t want to jeopardize the chances of a deal taking place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I've been critical of Dave in the past but people need to understand he's not in an enviable position. No doubt he wants to spread what he hears but if he speaks to soon or shares too much of the details he runs the risk of losing his source.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe it's sacrilege to ask this, but has WSD broken any Sox stories recently? There's no chance he lost his source/sources, right?

He had NYY being lukewarm on Machado couple weeks before the national guys did. Also had Cardinals making an a weak offer for Machado before anybody else. 

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also doesn’t want to jeopardize the chances of a deal taking place.

What doesn't make much sense is what's the upside of what logically appears to be the same person in the White Sox front office sharing information with him over these recent years...unless it was information the club wanted to be out in the public, but not via a direct announcement or Merkin release?

He's not actually getting any financial benefit from having more online followers, is he?  Or does he get paid because of more page views at Barstool?

Pretty incredible even mlb.com sites are taking up this "Is it a White Sox hat or not?" debate...

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/manny-machado-was-wearing-a-white-sox-hat/c-302928612

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres