Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I hope this wraps up soon. Because if we land him we need to fill in some other areas. If you are going to spend that on MM then you might as well press for Dallas K, Ottavino, etc.

Bc even w/ MM, until some of our young guys come up later, we still have a bad pitching staff and we need to improve the BP a little.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capital G said:

I hope this wraps up soon. Because if we land him we need to fill in some other areas. If you are going to spend that on MM then you might as well press for Dallas K, Ottavino, etc.

Bc even w/ MM, until some of our young guys come up later, we still have a bad pitching staff and we need to improve the BP a little.

They shouldn't spend just to spend. And signing Keuchel would feel just like that.

Just now, Orlando said:

Please someone stop me if I am delusional. I am admittedly a homer and it clouds my judgement sometimes to my detriment. I feel like we get Manny! Am I crazy?!

If we do sign Manny, I hope it is early in the week rather than later. All we can do is hope. Come on Rick. Pay up!!

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Please someone stop me if I am delusional. I am admittedly a homer and it clouds my judgement ,sometimes to my detriment, but I feel like we get Manny! Am I crazy?!

Was thinking these are my odds:

Yankees 50%

Sox 30 %

Phillies 18%

Mystery team 2%

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Was it really Clark who said the 7th?  I thought it was the young journalist who said the media was being told that information.

I don’t think it was Dan that said the 7th but I thought he either eye balled it or retweeted it or something like that 

5 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Just sign Machado to play SS so we can finally move Moncada to third and TA to catcher. 

I don't like to jump too far ahead, but is it a given Moncada is the better choice over Anderson to move to 3B.  Moncada's  brief stint in Boston at 3B was not successful.  

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

I don't like to jump too far ahead, but is it a given Moncada is the better choice over Anderson to move to 3B.  Moncada's  brief stint in Boston at 3B was not successful.  

OMG, it was like five games.  Why do you keep drawing conclusions from his ridiculously brief stint with the Red Sox?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres