Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sports-manny-machado-yankees-bryce-harper-20190107-story.html

Claims Machados wife loves New York and that the Yankees expect bidding to be in the 200-275 million range over 7 years.

In fact, sources within the Yankees organization tell me the expected range for a Machado deal will be between $220 million and $270 million, probably for no more than seven years, and there is no guarantee the Yankees will be in if the numbers wind up in the upper half of that range. And the Yankees signing of Troy Tulowitzki last week seems like an insurance policy in case they decide to bow out on Manny.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's not going to leave money on the table.  His wife will be part of that.  If she wants to live in New York an extra 20 million for a townhouse will do nicely.

She can literally spend half the season in New York while Manny is on the road and the other half in Chicago with her brother.  Throw enough money at them and I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well, I think that confirms that this $200 million stuff was definitely too good to be true. Hope sox get it done.

Depends 7/245 is still closer to 200 than 300. that 35/year. that's probably the limit I would go for him.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If he signs for 7 years, Bruce Levine is owed several apologies.

Even if he signs for more years with another team, he could still be correct.

Edited by ptatc

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Then Hahn better be putting on his running shoes because I doubt Machado would sign with the Sox for much less than that if the Yankees offer 275M.

There is a lot of room between 275 and 325.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I have heard it speculated that Harper and Machado are holding up the rest of the market. If it's even slightly true, wouldn't the players association be putting some pressure on them to sign something?

I feel the baseball players association is the weakest/worst of all associations. What can they really do? Tell a player to sign for less than what the player wants?

Until they get a salary cap with a salary floor, this is how its going to be. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres