yesterday333

Manny: Enter the Panic Room

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

He ran down the White Sox and their fanbase for a bit, ran down Moncada for doing nothing but striking out. Then said that Machado is what we need, someone to light a fire under our butts and that us and Philly are the teams in the hunt.  Specifically said that the Yankees weren't gonna touch that contract.  Honestly he could just be expanding on Nightengale's tweet?  He did take a minute to mention that sure he won't run out ground balls but he'll hit 30+ bombs, 100+ RBI.  He's so fucking negative all the time, Barbara Walters sounding son of a b****.

HAHAH he does sound like Barbara Walters! Thank you for this. Well I hope he's right

Hasn't worked out after a year..   F off mad dog. Fricken baffoon

Side note, what a bizarre move by the Bulls today. Didn't they do something similar right before the Sox signing Robert 😭

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Hasn't worked out after a year..   F off mad dog. Fricken baffoon

You know what's funny, that's the most positive he's been about the White Sox doing anything all offseason.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

You know what's funny, that's the most positive he's been about the White Sox doing anything all offseason ever.

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 1

At least it seems a lot less likely that the entire chase was for nothing. Like, I realize the Tulo move costs the Yankees nothing, but there's also no reason to make the move if Machado's something they felt overly confident about.

All I know is that Manny fits into our lineup at third base very nicely.

16 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

At least it seems a lot less likely that the entire chase was for nothing. Like, I realize the Tulo move costs the Yankees nothing, but there's also no reason to make the move if Machado's something they felt overly confident about.

All I know is that Manny fits into our lineup at third base very nicely.

Doesn't Manny prefer SS at this point?

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

Doesn't Manny prefer SS at this point?

Not 100% sure but his allegiance to SS last year/this off season was likely just to boost his $$$$ during contract negotiations. Methinks he has no real problem playing his much better position of 3b.

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sports-manny-machado-yankees-bryce-harper-20190107-story.html

Claims Machados wife loves New York and that the Yankees expect bidding to be in the 200-275 million range over 7 years.

If true...this also makes the Yonder acquisition smarter. 

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sports-manny-machado-yankees-bryce-harper-20190107-story.html

Claims Machados wife loves New York and that the Yankees expect bidding to be in the 200-275 million range over 7 years.

In fact, sources within the Yankees organization tell me the expected range for a Machado deal will be between $220 million and $270 million, probably for no more than seven years, and there is no guarantee the Yankees will be in if the numbers wind up in the upper half of that range. And the Yankees signing of Troy Tulowitzki last week seems like an insurance policy in case they decide to bow out on Manny.

We’ve always known Machado would prefer to play for the Yankees regardless of how his wife feels.  I’m not sure this tells us anything new, but it does confirm we need to be prepared to outbid the Yankees by quite a bit.

Well, I think that confirms that this $200 million stuff was definitely too good to be true. Hope sox get it done.

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Just as I thought.  Sox need to go 7/325M.

Do we know if yankees going be bidding in $200M.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

That would be an awful deal

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's not going to leave money on the table.  His wife will be part of that.  If she wants to live in New York an extra 20 million for a townhouse will do nicely.

She can literally spend half the season in New York while Manny is on the road and the other half in Chicago with her brother.  Throw enough money at them and I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I would sprint away from the table if I was hahn if that's what it will take.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The article seems to imply that the Yankees wont go in the 7 /270 range, so I stand by my 8 years $275.