Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Shane saying it coming off the BOGUS rumor of Reinsdorf and Machado watching the Bears game together?

I've been following Shane for a while, funny guy but does not appear to have any sources. 

i don't think so

27 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Plot twist: Manny's wife hates her brother. Trading for Yonder was like spitting in her face.

I honestly wondered about the move for a little different reason. 

I think Dan Bernstein once said years ago that 99% of baseball players are unfaithful to their wives.... or something along those lines.  He pretty much said that it was just a thing.  They all cheat.  Like not most, but all.  

And this is 100% unfair to Manny, but just judging a book by it's cover he's about the last guy I might nominate to fall in that 1%.  So, is there a chance he might NOT want his brother in law around?  Even if Yonder is "aware" he might not want to have to be around it.  

Edited by GREEDY
  • Like 2

I am going with answer C : Dan Bernstein is full of shit.

I think the current generation of ballplayers is much much more well-behaved than previous generations. With the rise of mobile phones and social media it's so easy to get busted. I think most dudes just play video games when they are on the road.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I am going with answer C : Dan Bernstein is full of shit.

I think the current generation of ballplayers is much much more well-behaved than previous generations. With the rise of mobile phones and social media it's so easy to get busted. I think most dudes just play video games when they are on the road.

Or they are all MJs now and have a "fixer" who arranges the girls, takes their phones, drops them off then picks them up.  In general I agree though I do think social media and cameras everywhere have tamed things quite a bit.  That and recreational drug testing.

46 minutes ago, The Beast said:

If we are all sticking to what we have all along, this doesn’t matter too much. If I was in Mannys position, my wife’s top 3 choices would be New York, New York, then New York. If I then told her besides taxes, Chicago is willing to pay me $50 million more, she would say promise me we can move to New York when you are done playing.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres