yesterday333

Manny: Enter the Panic Room

Hector really has stuck with the Manny to Sox narrative the entire time. 

996B771F-871D-47B4-9031-AE63FB7791EA.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

It's called re-insurance when the primary insurance company insures their own policy with another company to spread the risk out.

That too.

Guys, guys!

Manny spoke to me in my dreams. He is going to sign with the Sox and he will become my best friend.

Disclaimer: I downed an entire bottle of NyQuil, so take that with a grain of salt.

18 minutes ago, shipps said:

Hector really has stuck with the Manny to Sox narrative the entire time. 

996B771F-871D-47B4-9031-AE63FB7791EA.jpeg

He's really going all in on this. Doubling, Tripling, etc.

20 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Guys, guys!

Manny spoke to me in my dreams. He is going to sign with the Sox and he will become my best friend.

Disclaimer: I downed an entire bottle of NyQuil, so take that with a grain of salt.

Okay, just finished the bottle of NyQuil with salt. Tasted pretty weird. What do I do next to get on the dream quest?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, drgiggles15 said:

Super interesting that "Stadium", who tweeted this about Machado and Jimenez, is part owned by Jerry Reinsdorf. 👀

Not at all.  They've been tweeting things like that all offseason.

50 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm not buying the Yankees thing at all.

Have you been watching Simonetti on YouTube? His stance the last few days has been that a New York based reporter told him he'd be surprised if the Yankees don't reach out at this point to the camps of both players and see where they stand. I took from his videos and Twitter comments that if the price is in the lower end of where the Yankees want to be they are interested, especially if the players are willing to take shorter term deals. 

He seems to be of the belief that both players have expressed interest in the Yankees and one might jump at an offer. Time will tell.

Hector is starting to get annoying. He's honestly no different than Dan Clark right now, other than he hasn't been wrong yet. I guess im glad he is confident, but he's setting himself for a world of shit if Manny doesn't come to the Sox.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Hector is starting to get annoying. He's honestly no different than Dan Clark right now, other than he hasn't been wrong yet. I guess im glad he is confident, but he's setting himself for a world of shit if Manny doesn't come to the Sox.

I just hope Sox fans don’t turn on him if Manny goes elsewhere. I know everyone’s having fun with him now, but it won’t be his fault if Manny doesn’t sign here.

Also, it’s quite funny how many times a day people ask him when will Manny sign, and he hasn’t responded once.

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also, it’s quite funny how many times a day people ask him when will Manny sign, and he hasn’t responded once.

I'm of the opinion that he's been reporting the same thing he heard once over and over again. Hopefully he is correct of course but, it's not as if he ever expands on his belief of him coming to the Sox. I don't think he is trolling either.

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

I just hope Sox fans don’t turn on him if Manny goes elsewhere. I know everyone’s having fun with him now, but it won’t be his fault if Manny doesn’t sign here.

You better believe I'll turn on his ass if Manny doesn't sign. 

So I dont really feel like going back and searching for the person, but the one who claimed all this security needed crap, have they been roasted?

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

So I dont really feel like going back and searching for the person, but the one who claimed all this security needed crap, have they been roasted?

He deleted all the tweets soon after they were posted here and changed his account handle

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You better believe I'll turn on his ass if Manny doesn't sign. 

He's going to be an absolute legend amongst Sox fans if he gets this right though

2 hours ago, Lillian said:

I'm curious, what would you guess the agent's cut of Machado's contract would be?

Typical rate is 4%.  They usually carve out enough cash to pay the agent up front.

When I first saw that report about the Yankees offering a 7-year, $220 million contract, I was kind of disappointed. But now that I think about it, I think that has to be a leak from Lozano. And if that’s the case, it probably means it’s a last stitch effort to up the White Sox offer. Don’t want to jinx anything, but I think our Sox are in a good position.

I don't see the Yankees signing Machado. That infield is a log jam and not in the "WHAT ABOUT PALKA/ENGEL" sense.  Before they went out and picked up DJL and Tulo maybe.  They would have to offload Andujar or Torres most likely to make that work.  Not happening.

If they packaged Ells and one of those two players to a team, maybe.

There was a report from Morosi about the Nats being willing to match or come close to any bid from Philly and now we have this reported offer from New York. I think both of these free agents sign soon. Bring up the boogeymen to squeeze the last pennies out of the Sox and Phillies and then sign on the dotted line.