Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm gonna try to summarize today's rumors, both for my sanity and for those who are catching up:

-A respected Dodgers reporter said that he heard from a friend of Machado that he is considering signing with the White Sox

-Bucket re-appeared and said that the Sox feel really good about their chances with Harper and that the Cubs aren't a threat

-Nightengale reported that the Sox have offered Machado a contract and are still in contact with Harper

-WhiteSoxDave reported that the Sox chances with Machado are "good", "great", and "fantastic" between 2 blog posts and predicted that he signs with us within the next 5 days

Did I miss anything significant?

Nicky Delmonico's statue announcement, otherwise you're good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm gonna try to summarize today's rumors, both for my sanity and for those who are catching up:

-A respected Dodgers reporter said that he heard from a friend of Machado that he is considering signing with the White Sox

-Bucket re-appeared and said that the Sox feel really good about their chances with Harper and that the Cubs aren't a threat

-Nightengale reported that the Sox have offered Machado a contract and are still in contact with Harper

-WhiteSoxDave reported that the Sox chances with Machado are "good", "great", and "fantastic" between 2 blog posts and predicted that he signs with us within the next 5 days

A ton of smoke around here today. Getting real exciting... heres hoping this is over soon.

I said in a Machado thread about a week ago that we are getting both players. Nothing has changed since then. I was initially worried about hte Clarke report, but it made no sense since the Yankees can't compete with us financially (or at least won't compete financially) over Machado. I considered Machado as good as ours as far as 10 days ago or so.

Harper, by all indications, should be ours as well. There's no other suitor outside of Philly. 

We're getting both of them boys and gals! 

• Like 1

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

I said in a Machado thread about a week ago that we are getting both players. Nothing has changed since then. I was initially worried about hte Clarke report, but it made no sense since the Yankees can't compete with us financially (or at least won't compete financially) over Machado. I considered Machado as good as ours as far as 10 days ago or so.

Harper, by all indications, should be ours as well. There's no other suitor outside of Philly. 

We're getting both of them boys and gals! 

Don't tease me.....

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

The only info contradicting info seems to be Bucket saying Sox are confident internally they can nab Bryce, but WSD seems to think the org has him viewed as kind of a longshot. That's the way I read WSD's blog at least.

I took it to mean we are focused on MM right now cuz he will sign sooner, but we are still working with Harper

1 minute ago, yesterday333 said:

I took it to mean we are focused on MM right now cuz he will sign sooner, but we are still working with Harper

I trust Bucket anyway, I'm just surprised 2 different sources didn't agree on that front but if I had to pick I'm def going with Buckets source and not just because it's positive lol

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok might be nice to know what all the fuss is about in the OP or do I have to go to another thread for that ?

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

The only info contradicting info seems to be Bucket saying Sox are confident internally they can nab Bryce, but WSD seems to think the org has him viewed as kind of a longshot. That's the way I read WSD's blog at least.

Yep. I think people also need to remember WSD is also a homer fan, so he is going to be very positive towards their chances, but I do think he has legit sources. I’ll take it either way! Same with Bucket. When he opens his mouth, you best listen.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres