Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Manny will just be the first big move... many more will take place for us afterward.

Get used to having no life for 8 more weeks.

I don't think there will be any other significant moves. Let the rebuild breathe. 

9 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

I guess if that’s the last thing he heard then he goes with it. It’s just unrealistic to think the Yankees would bail at that amount.

I agree...not sure if there's a case where the Yankees are really "out" of anything--unless by their own choosing.  

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

$200M is a joke offer and I refuse to believe it.

Correct. There is a 0% chance that the Sox have only offered $200M and are still in the mix on this. At this point, I would think that their offer is somewhere in the $260-280M range depending on the number of years.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

$200M is a joke offer and I refuse to believe it.

It's probably the first official starting offer. It has and will continue to go up with negotiations. 

Edited by ptatc

The thing I love about Bob is he will absolutely just quote whatever nonsense comes out of what of his sources mouths. I’m pretty sure he hates this part of his job. He just wants to tweet about mindless feel good stuff like how when a player hits a homer it was so incredible because his great grandfather used to stitch the baseballs that were used for homering.

• Haha 3

The thing that worries me is that Nightengale is the first to report that Jon Jay is official. Obviously he got that information from someone in the know. You would think the next question he asked is "what's going on with Manny?" and probably got the $200 number. If the source knew about Jay, why wouldn't he know about Manny?

Edited by Orlando

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think it gets done?

I do think it gets done but I can't stress enough that I'm not reporting it by any means. I don't know people that are close to this process. I know people that have very solid intel. Some of you also know those people. If I had to guess then yes I'm pretty confident that Manny Machado ends up on the White Sox. It's a guess though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

The thing that worries me is that Nightengale is the first to report that Jon Jay is official. Obviously he got that information from someone in the know. You would think the next question he asked is "what's going on with Manny?" and probably got the $200 number. If the source knew about Jay, why wouldn't he know about Manny?

Likely from a WSox official that would have no reason to tell him their offer

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Two different agendas at play here man, of course the Jay news is out the bag, but there is no need to feed nightengale with anything groundbreaking on Machado, maybe they are in talks as we speak, who knows.

We all started this offseason thinking Manny was going to get 10 years and at least 300+, then maybe we can get him for 7 in the 250 or so range, now Bob thinks we offered 200, by the time this thing is over we're signing Machado on a 1 year 10 million dollar deal.

10 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

I appreciate the use of the edit option. I had to do a double take on the unedited version. 

Yeah. Typing on the new tablet. It's taking some time to get used to. Many typos that I need it edit.

15 minutes ago, Orlando said:

He's reporting it from them hoping he gives them the Manny scoop later.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Personally I think Bob’s $200M comment is an effort to prevent Philly from upping their offer too much.

That’s quite the level of vanity for ol’ Bob if he thinks the Phillies put any stock in the reporting of sports journalists.  

Appreciate the effort though Bob!

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres