Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

We're at the point now where if we don't land either one, we deserve to be livid as fans. At least one should be falling into our lap. Signing neither is not an option for this organization. 

I felt that way anyway, but yes, too many stars aligned for this to be the year. Has to happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean with this market it made way more sense to get a good, cheaper 2b than to go big on a 3b especially with the pieces they had.

DJ is also a nice change of pace piece to that lineup too though. Good signing. Man the yankees are gonna be good. 

That was a good signing

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

I bet we hear a lot about a mystery team in the next few days. Machado's agent can't have only two teams bidding when one of those teams looks like its about to sign someone else. He probably is going to have one last hail mary mystery team rumor to get the last few million he can. 

Hahn must feel he's kinda got him by the balls now...

2 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

I bet we hear a lot about a mystery team in the next few days. Machado's agent can't have only two teams bidding when one of those teams looks like its about to sign someone else. He probably is going to have one last hail mary mystery team rumor to get the last few million he can. 

WSD just mentioned he heard it was the Cards as the mystery team but the offer wasnt even close. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I REALLY hope we are past that point in the process. Final offers need to be happening. 

Honestly? I think we're at a stalemate perhaps for the next couple weeks. There's no downside for the Machado camp to hold out until someone meets their price, they don't have to agree to the best offer until February.

6 minutes ago, Sockin said:

100%. I'm going to SoxFest and I cannot imagine the backlash if they do not get one of these guys. The vitriol spewed at Hahn would be out of control. 

I'm flying in from California to go to my first SoxFest. A Manny appearance/signing would make it so worth it.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 3

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Honestly? I think we're at a stalemate perhaps for the next couple weeks. There's no downside for the Machado camp to hold out until someone meets their price, they don't have to agree to the best offer until February.

Or who's to say Machado doesn't say screw it and I'll just sign a 1 year $35 million deal for a team of my choice.  Try Free Agency again next season.    

I will say, if the Yankees trade Andujar for that SP that they need I will be pretty sure they are getting Manny again. LOL

This roller coaster ride is not over until it comes to a complete stop and we all get off sick. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I have a feeling a decision will be made by the end of the weekend.  He knows that he has two teams actively pursuing him, and it's unlikely that a team will suddenly show interests out of nowhere.  I'm sure the offers are pretty much set.  5-10 million and a year or two may be negotiable, but the nuts and bolts of it should be set.......hopefully.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Or who's to say Machado doesn't say screw it and I'll just sign a 1 year $35 million deal for a team of my choice.  Try Free Agency again next season.    

This would be idiotic from his side. The situation won't be different next offseason and might even be worse - if extra pitchers hit the market teams could chase those. The White Sox or Phillies could bow out. He should at the very least lock in the mutli year deal that leaves him with hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank for the rest of his life. If he wants a chance out of that - put in an opt-out after the 2022 lockout/strike.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres