Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

How would anyone know anything about Harper/Phillies at this point tomorrow?

Until it’s clear Boras is leaving Philly without a deal signed, nothing is likely to happen quickly with the Machado camp, unless the Sox are worried someone will significantly jump their current “relatively low” (based on offseason projections in Oct) offer to Lozano and “steal” him away...

9 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Ha! Funny thing is its at a 1 year old birthday party.

Since you told us to provide a list of questions for him, this is totally going to be non-Manny Machado related question, but how does one get a job with the Sox? I have background in finance and accounting and never see job postings on any site in the 3-4 years I've looked (I'm 27). This is assuming he works for the Sox in some role. 

I feel like you need to know Jerry personally to get a job with the team (which the way the team has been, not totally far-fetched of a thought lol).

Edit: I should have just dm'd you this one lol

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Since you told us to provide a list of questions for him, this is totally going to be non-Manny Machado related question, but how does one get a job with the Sox? I have background in finance and accounting and never see job postings on any site in the 3-4 years I've looked (I'm 27). This is assuming he works for the Sox in some role. 

I once asked Bill Veeck for a job in the Sox ticket sales dept. Didn't get it.

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I once asked Bill Veeck for a job in the Sox ticket sales dept. Didn't get it.

I feel its impossible unless you know someone who somehow already works there. I just want like a financial analyst job lol it can be entry level, I'll take a pay cut lol

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I feel its impossible unless you know someone who somehow already works there. I just want like a financial analyst job lol it can be entry level, I'll take a pay cut lol

Probably have to start out as an intern in the marketing/sales department.

Or volunteer in community relations with Christine O’Reilly, something like that...or Bulls/Sox camp.

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If you get a job there, you can be our source!

Ha, I do know someone who works there as a buyer of merchandise for the shops but she works for another company technically so she can't get me a job with the team. I try to get her to give me a scoop but she doesn't really know that stuff unless it's very close.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres