Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Trust me I tried to digger deeper into what "this week" means but I'm guessing they don't want NotHahn breaking news on soxtalk. Again very interesting but vague conversation.

Well I appreciate what you had to give us. Gives me hope and takes my mind off of the Bears.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Seems just signing with someone in general. Of course it's just an opinion that it COULD end this week, which we all knew it could be this week anyway (as it can happen any day now).

We were specifically talking about White Sox signing Manny. I took it as some type of decision could be likely to happen this week.

I could tell he/she didn't want to go any further

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Trust me I tried to digger deeper into what "this week" means but I'm guessing they don't want NotHahn breaking news on soxtalk. Again very interesting but vague conversation.

Are you the caretaker of the NotRickHahn twitter account? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Some type of decision = can sign with another team?

We weren't discussing other teams. My friend only knows Sox business. Not a baseball person. More relationship management side. If I had to describe the way he/she said "this week" I would say that there was a smile and knew something was up.

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say in that first paragraph and his last name is Machado not Muchado.

Yeah, I couldn't really decipher that either. No idea how people took it as meaning he would sign within the week, but seems they stumbled correctly in to that?

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yeah, I couldn't really decipher that either. No idea how people took it as meaning he would sign within the week, but seems they stumbled correctly in to that?

Again it was vauge. When I asked if Manny was coming to the Sox he/she said we will see "This Week". Sorry I was not more clear. Just trying not to get my friend fired. And I like the free tickets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It was a pun. There was a Shakespeare play called "Much Ado About Nothing" 

Machado=>Muchado=>Much Ado

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Did someone say they wanted MORE GOD DAMN SMOKE?!??!?

Run wild, Soxtalk.

Same guy who claimed he had evidence that the Sox are going hard for both Machado and Harper a couple weeks ago, and that he'd post it at noon the next day, and it turned out he was just trolling everyone. I'm assuming he's just trolling again. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Same guy who claimed he had evidence that the Sox are going hard for both Machado and Harper a couple weeks ago, and that he'd post it at noon the next day, and it turned out he was just trolling everyone. I'm assuming he's just trolling again. 

Entirely possible. He's possibly just fucking around here anyway.

January 7th was a day that someone on Twitter, maybe even Dan Clark, said was the day Machado would be signing, so let your imagination run with that as well.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Entirely possible. He's possibly just fucking around here anyway.

January 7th was a day that someone on Twitter, maybe even Dan Clark, said was the day Machado would be signing, so let your imagination run with that as well.

I do think he signs this week, perhaps early this week. And yes, that someone was Dan Clark. WSD also said "in the next 5 days" on Thursday or Friday

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres