Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

He really backed himself into a corner with that comment didn't he?

I think as fans that’s what you want to hear from an owner to an extent though. They have played the FA market this offseason and brought in quality pieces, even if he misses on Machado/Harper I don’t think he will have his fan base pitch forking outside philly......err wait maybe he will it’s philly

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yes, I don’t believe it has been known that any team except white Sox has put anything in writing.

Yeah this is why we talked about the Sox hopefully being willing to raise their offer if it’s only in the 7/220 range. The Phillies will beat that for sure.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If the body gets loose it will float up to the surface and it won't get carried out to sea, it'll get carried alongshore and deposited at an accumulating beach. That's the big problem, you need the body to stay submerged until there's nothing left but bones, and along the shoreline there's no current that would carry it out to sea. The gulf stream is way too far away, the waters from the Hudson and the Delaware get caught up in eddies and circulate back to shore. You can see that in this supercomputer animation of current ocean currents. You gotta go for a lake on this one, the ocean is too active, as is the East River/Hudson River/Delaware River.

There is no way to find anything in the Hudson river. It may as well be radioactive sludge,  I'm not sure it isn't. In fact it would degrade the body faster than the mollusks could eat it.

Edited by ptatc

45 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I think as fans that’s what you want to hear from an owner to an extent though. They have played the FA market this offseason and brought in quality pieces, even if he misses on Machado/Harper I don’t think he will have his fan base pitch forking outside philly......err wait maybe he will it’s philly

I would say that if it was any other town. 

15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There is no way to find anything in the Hudson river. It may as well be radioactive sludge,  I'm not sure it isn't. In fact it would degrade the body faster than the mollusks could eat it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn I heard somewhere that mobsters used to wrap up bodies in chicken wire before disposal so that once they dumped in it a body of water, the body expands and would be diced up (for lack of a better term) due to the chicken wire and easier to get rid of/water life to dispose of.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres