Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Mike Lowell said something about Andujar yesterday on MLBN that I agree with. He would much rather have a player who can hit but struggles in the field , than a guy who can't hit but is a great fielder. He said there is a much better chance Andujar will improve in the field than a guy who can't hit learning how to hit.

100%, the anti-Adam Engel.  He's so damn young, as long as the work ethic is there, he'll get better with the glove.  They also mentioned he was working with Adrian Beltre on his technique, definitely a good guy to learn from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Mike Lowell said something about Andujar yesterday on MLBN that I agree with. He would much rather have a player who can hit but struggles in the field , than a guy who can't hit but is a great fielder. He said there is a much better chance Andujar will improve in the field than a guy who can't hit learning how to hit.

See: Heyward, Jason. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah I think they will shift him to 1B. I don't think Bird and Voit are anything special going forward to be honest.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

I'd love to get Andujar. Trade one of our OF prospects for him. Trade a second tier prospect and Abreu for him (Yanks could use a better 1B).
He seems reasonably athletic and should field the position okay in time; and if he can't, he can still hit.

Yanks can def do better than that if they're dealing Andujar. A guy who can barely play 1B with one season of control and second tier prospect? Really?

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'd love to get Andujar. Trade one of our OF prospects for him. Trade a second tier prospect and Abreu for him (Yanks could use a better 1B).
He seems reasonably athletic and should field the position okay in time; and if he can't, he can still hit.

When the Rangers signed ARod, the Sox went bargain shopping for their extras and got themselves Royce Clayton.

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The Yankees aren't trading Andujar to the White Sox for anyone except for perhaps Rodon.

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Okay - whatever.  Sox have the prospect depth to pay a fair price for him.

It would probably be something along the lines of Robert/Dunning at the very least and that's if the Yankees would only accept prospects which is unlikely. That sound worth it to you?

Edited by OmarComing25

Just a FYI: There is absolutely no chance Harper goes back to the Nats. That ship has sailed. Please put it to rest. They would have to go way over the luxury tax for his services, have no ability to make further moves, and they already have a loaded team. Nothing to see there.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Just a FYI: There is absolutely no chance Harper goes back to the Nats. That ship has sailed. Please put it to rest. They would have to go way over the luxury tax for his services, have no ability to make further moves, and they already have a loaded team. Nothing to see there.

Agreed.  Boras is using the Nats to drive up the price on the Phillies, and the Nats are happy to oblige to make Harper as expensive as possible for their division rivals.

7 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

It would probably be something along the lines of Robert/Dunning at the very least, that sound worth it to you?

I wouldn't call Robert and Dunning a fair price.
Like I said, I'd pay a fair price if the Sox still need a 3B.
Or another young 3B top  3B prospect.   Beats signing moustakas.

Regarding 126 OPS+, the Sox just let a 120+ catcher go for 2 years of  relief pitcher; He too is defensively challenged

Edited by GreenSox
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pal said:

Dodgers traded for Russell Martin, who is owed $20 mill this season.  Dont what they moved or what the Jays are going to pay down on that contract, but has to have some effect on the Haprer/Dodgers talk.

This puzzles me. I thought they were just praised for dumping large contracts of old people and now they do this? If they arent getting money on this deal then they are out on Harper too. 

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

Agreed.  Boras is using the Nats to drive up the price on the Phillies, and the Nats are happy to oblige to make Harper as expensive as possible for their division rivals.

It's beginning to look a lot like Harper must learn to like Philadelphia, which is where Nightengale pegged him all along. That leaves the White Sox with Machado.  

Just sign already and end this madness.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I wouldn't call Robert and Dunning a fair price.
Like I said, I'd pay a fair price if the Sox still need a 3B.
Or another young 3B top  3B prospect.   Beats signing moustakas.

Robert & Dunning would be a HUGE overpay for a guy who most likely ends up at 1st. He was one of the worst 3bs in baseball last year.

Edited by Kiebs13
  • Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres