Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

Dan's problem was that, for some reason, he trusted Manny's former teammate (possibly Delmon Young) as a legitimate source.  As if Delmon Young would have any clue about the Yankee's interest or the status of negotiations.  And then he stated Machado to Yankees as if it was 100% fact.

It wasn't even the reporting. It was the double and tripling down on it by being a huge twat

22 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I mentioned that I thought was fair - Abreu and a 2nd tier prospect.
Andujar was not an elite prospect (50ish); he had a good year - kind of Palka with an extra 30 OBP points.  He played his position poorly.  The Sox would take the risk that he can never play 3B.

If the Sox sign Machado, which one would think is no worse than 50/50 at this point, and if he stays at 3B, then it's moot.

Holy crap, if we got that deal, I would drive Jose to the airport so fast his head would spin.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

It wasn't even the reporting. It was the double and tripling down on it by being a huge twat

Exactly.  He could have said he felt confident and he trusted his source and left it at that.  Instead he was a douche and got douchier as each day passed.

27 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

the Twitter roasts on Dan are just great.

What a day.

Now just announce the signing of Manny to the Sox so I can...

edit by mod: removed photo

Although I’m all about roasting that dan Clark dude because I actually believed him too, I won’t until manny is a whitesox. It would not surprise me in the slightest if the Yankees tried to trade Andujar for some pitching then come right back into the manny sweepstakes

1 minute ago, bmags said:

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/1/11/18178917/hittin-season-247-hot-stove-trout-w-scott-lauber

Interesting here Lauber doesn't even mention white sox, just yanks as machado competition.

I dont understand why the Phillies media and fans are putting off this superior vibe this entire negotiation process. How the hell do they think they are some kind of wonderful destination? What have they done lately or ever?  

A decision is close    NYY out now on Manny and Dodgers out for Harper.  Manny’s agent has to take offer before Harper’s meeting tomorrow.   If Phillies sign him Manny only has Sox as an option maybe Phillies but doubtful.  Not the same for Harper who has Nationals out there if White Sox are out.   Sit back, relax and strap it down.  It’s very close.  

• Love 1

Just now, shipps said:

I dont understand why the Phillies media and fans are putting off this superior vibe this entire negotiation process. How the hell do they think they are some kind of wonderful destination? What have they done lately or ever?  

Well they have spent.

Just now, shipps said:

Think it's the "stupid money" quote. But I agree there's a much better shot to continually be in the postseason here vs the NL East. Way way less competition. 

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, shipps said:

Nah, Dan was definitely a real person. He wasnt a bad follow up until him putting out bad info. He was generally a knowledgeable baseball follow and decent human being from what I could tell. Then this whole thing blew up on him and it showed the worst in him along with it. 

I actually liked Dan Clark previously and would follow his work. He has been a disaster this offseason and doubled down on what was obviously BS info.

Hey, at least he is eating it and deleted his account?

If the Sox have wiggle room to up their offer, now would be the perfect time to use it:

"Dan, it's Rick.  So it sounds like there's a real chance that the Phillies might reach an agreement with Harper tomorrow.  John Middleton is going to be there, so I suppose anything could happen.  If they do come to an agreement with Harper, it's possible that they'll jump back into negotiations with you, but maybe they won't.  Maybe they'll even pull whatever offer they have on the table right now.  Who knows?  But listen, I talked to Jerry and we might be willing to increase our offer an additional year, to $275 mil total, if Manny is willing to agree to a deal today.  Manny can wait longer if he wants, that's fine, but if the Harper/Phillies meeting goes well tomorrow and it seems they are moving towards their own deal, I can't guarantee that we'll be able to increase our current offer."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

If the Sox have wiggle room to up their offer, now would be the perfect time to use it:

"Dan, it's Rick.  So it sounds like there's a real chance that the Phillies might reach an agreement with Harper tomorrow.  John Middleton is going to be there, so I suppose anything could happen.  If they do come to an agreement with Harper, it's possible that they'll jump back into negotiations with you, but maybe they won't.  Maybe they'll even pull whatever offer they have on the table right now.  Who knows?  But listen, I talked to Jerry and we might be willing to increase our offer an additional year, to $275 mil total, if Manny is willing to agree to a deal today.  Manny can wait longer if he wants, that's fine, but if the Harper/Phillies meeting goes well tomorrow and it seems they are moving towards their own deal, I can't guarantee that we'll be able to increase our current offer."

yOU SELL ME

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres