Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

You got me, great job. I already said about 1000 times I fell for so,e BS. But have fun stalking.

SouthSideSox should be the ones ashamed, they don’t even know how to spell Jeff Passan’s name correctly.  That’s pretty pitiful.

It’s so easy to get caught up in the emotional responses and rationalize (positively or negatively) every tweet, but one thing this process is doing is forcing everyone to thoroughly vet every source in terms of credibility.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

SouthSideSox should be the ones ashamed, they don’t even know how to spell Jeff Passan’s name correctly.  That’s pretty pitiful.

It’s so easy to get caught up in the emotional responses and rationalize (positively or negatively) every tweet, but one thing this process is doing is forcing everyone to thoroughly vet every source in terms of credibility.

My thing was it appeared it was this guy’s livelihood. When it becomes your job and not some mess with people on the Internet, it isn’t crazy to assume he was using good information. Even WSD has scruples.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

My thing was it appeared it was this guy’s livelihood. When it becomes your job and not some mess with people on the Internet, it isn’t crazy to assume he was using good information. Even WSD has scruples.

I am going to record as saying I am right there with you.  From the very first Dan Clark post, my belief fell into the idea that he had no reason to lie, and he had every reason to be accurate.

That one didn't end well.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nice first post.  No quotes from The Art of the Deal.  The irony of all this would be Harper ending up with the White Sox as his ultimate best option...if the Phillies panic and feel forced to blow away the Machado camp.  Then we end up with this odd pairing of Bryce and Machado’s Mates.

I don't think the Phillies will panic.  I truly believe they are in the driving seat.  Pressure, sure, panic, no.  They have had a nice off-season , to this point and I believe they will get Harper or Machado.  When their owner says what he said, that's hard to walk back, especially in Philadelphia.

Phillies will be the team to overpay, but that's not them panicking.  They threw money at Thome and got him (and he really didn't want to go there).

Harper is the one I have always seen as a long shot for the Sox.  If you look at the history, Sox have wanted Machado and Boras has long been a rival of Mr. Reinsdorf's.  

Edited by Soxman72

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to record as saying I am right there with you.  From the very first Dan Clark post, my belief fell into the idea that he had no reason to lie, and he had every reason to be accurate.

Same here, I figured orioles guy, regardless if he worked for MASN or not and wanting to be a sports writer etc, had no skin in the game to lie.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

In the race to "scoop" people, lower tier bloggers are going to take risks to increase their credibility.

The idea that some random guy in Australia had that level of information was not really believable.

The same with WSD the other day.

They are taking readily available information and coming up with plausible guess. They then say "sauces" and if it doesnt pan out it really isnt a huge deal. 

Clark backed himself into a corner, and until today I think he thought it would pan out. The problem is that his scoop became too big. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Soxman72 said:

I don't think the Phillies will panic.  I truly believe they are in the driving seat.  Pressure, sure, panic, no.  They have had a nice off-season , to this point and I believe they will get Harper or Machado.  When their owner says what he said, that's hard to walk back, especially in Philadelphia.

Phillies will be the team to overpay, but that's not them panicking.  They threw money at Thome and got him (and he really didn't want to go there).

Harper is the one I have always seen as a long shot for the Sox.  If you look at the history, Sox have wanted Machado and Boras has long been a rival of Mr. Reinsdorf's.  

And, yet ever since Rodon and especially Luis Robert, we have consistently been hearing the White Sox are doing business in a completely different way than ever before.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Fine, SoxTalk can have one line for location and one for actual hometown...

I would go with the Dag Kittlaus who created Siri and graduated 6  years ahead of me at the same high school as the most famous person from City, but hey, you are 5000 miles from here, so I am sure you know better.  If you are older, you could also go with Don Larsen, Abe Gibron,  John Parry, or Anne Baxter.

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

In the race to "scoop" people, lower tier bloggers are going to take risks to increase their credibility.

The idea that some random guy in Australia had that level of information was not really believable.

They are taking readily available information and coming up with plausible guess. They then say "sauces" and if it doesnt pan out it really isnt a huge deal. 

Clark backed himself into a corner, and until today I think he thought it would pan out. The problem is that his scoop became too big. 

Clark really backed himself in. He said final offers were in, and it was all decided. That’s about as far out on a limb as one could go. 

I am sure in Machado ends up with the Yankees in a week or two, he will return saying he was correct. But he is still wrong.

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

The problem is he was a jackass about it.  People would have gave him crap obviously if it didn’t pan but the fact he continued to be a dick about it put a bigger target on his back.

Anywho, we’re actually getting a real life blizzard here in STL this weekend and I’m pretty much stuck at home tonight so now would be a great time to sign with the Sox, Manny.  Thanks.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres