Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

just ooc, why are 3B so injury prone?

Maybe that's why he wants to play short.  A guy who's had two knee operations wants to play out his career and not end up like another Crede, Chavez, etc.

Supposedly he was born with some defect in his knees. Once they were cleaned up, it isn’t supposed to be a lingering problem.

6 minutes ago, Sockin said:

God dammit just pay the man

Im done with this shit. Manny make a decision or just move on.... What ever. I'm getting to the point to think Manny is a lil b**** like Harper. Right now honestly I could care less if he signs with us. 2 suitors name your price and choose. There's millions of people who don't have anything so don't be such a fuck amnd greedy. Name your price, make your decision.... 

I’m not one to get overly optimistic, but this seems like a final effort by Machado’s camp to raise those offers.

Bryce to the Phillies and Manny to the White Sox seems close to me. I personally don’t even think the Phillies are even that in on Manny anymore with their full attention seeming to be on Harper. I think this is a final push to exclusively elevate the Sox offer slightly.

I could see the Sox being at 7-year, $230 million, and this is a final push to get them around 7-year, $250 million.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

How stupid does Mannya camp think everyone is?

Because there is always a chance. No one thought Pujols was going to the Angels until it was announced. No one thought Cano would go to Seattle. No one had Greinke in AZ. 

It just takes one. And if you are an owner and have to overpay, wouldn’t you rather overpay a guy like this vs. someone in the next tier or 2 below? They already have $13 million in, they need to get to the finish line.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres