Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

10 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Just because there's literally nothing else to talk about right now, if you're the Sox, would you give Machado 12 years and $350 million like the Phillies are rumored to be offering Harper today? 

Yep I do that in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The Cubs and Astros absolutely did not hit on 90% of their moves. The Astros are my constant example of how rebuilding works even when you make a ton of mistakes in the draft. Aiken, Mark Appel over Bryant, they had 3 straight #1 picks and have 1 player out of them.

Astros also made some questionable trades (which is a reason why I want the Sox to trade with them).   
The Aiken mistake gave the Astros Bregman.  They've had their misses, but a long list of successes and great development to more than compensate.

Just now, GreenSox said:

Astros also made some questionable trades (which is a reason why I want the Sox to trade with them).   
The Aiken mistake gave the Astros Bregman.  They've had their misses, but a long list of successes and great development to more than compensate.

What are these questionable trades?

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

At a certain point, you just stop giving guys chances due to having other talent coming up. Hes a late bloomer for sure.

Agreed. I just don't agree with the notion that they're some perfect FO who don't make mistakes given how much good talent they've given away over the years. Not to mention all their ethical issues 

• Like 1

I think JD was different for the reasons I stated above. He came into spring with a totally different swing that year and they simply overlooked it. Detroit jumped on him and he tore up AAA and didn’t stop once they called him up. 

He didn’t “figure it out” somewhere else. He figured it out while they still had him, and they still released him. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and they’ve done a great job overall, but that was a real mistake on their part to not notice and/or believe in the changes he made. 

Edited by Blackout Friday
Spelling

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

What were the callers saying about them? There is nothing wrong with those additions.

I'm working and listening so I didn't catch all of them.  One guy compared Yonder and Jon Jay to the Sox signing Dick Allen's brother Hank.  They laughed it off, Hank wasn't even a major league caliber guy, Yonder and Jay make the team better, very positive response.

49 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Just because there's literally nothing else to talk about right now, if you're the Sox, would you give Machado 12 years and $350 million like the Phillies are rumored to be offering Harper today? 

No.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres