Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

22 minutes ago, 103 mph screwball said:

Manny Machado will just show up to Soxfest, then sign the contract on stage to rousing applause.  It will be ceremonial.  The real contract will have already been legally signed on D Day 1/14/19.

That's how I'm going to imagine it today. 

Live contract signings are always risky. Yolmer Sanchez may come out and give him a powerbomb through the table. 

• Like 1

I know we're all just commenting to pass time and out of boredom or frustration. All I can say is that although this sucks .. I trust that Hahn and JR are very tuned into the market and what's going down. If it were as easy as "tell Machado this is our deal and he has 24 hours to accept or its gone, then if Harper signs with the Phillies hes screwed" then Machado would be ChiSox by now. They're negotiating MILLIONS of dollars right now. The negotiations are moving up or down by our LIFETIME salaries.

There's no loyalty or ultimatums being put forward because it doesn't work that way. .

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres