Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

14 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

this sounds like old man jerry to me.

This is what I mentioned yesterday.  Reinsdorf is in charge now.    He didn’t like the leaks of the 8 year offer and he let his 2 go to guys Nightingale and Levine handle it.    Also explains the lock down of info.   Jerry’s got  this for better or worse now.   

Edited by Mbs1969
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mbs1969 said:

This is what I mentioned yesterday.  Reinsdorf is in charge now.    He didn’t like the leaks of the 8 year offer and he let his 2 go to guys Nightingale and Levine handle it.    Also explains the lock down of info.   Jerry’s go this for better or worse now.   

Should this make us feel better or worse? Has JR negotiated any contracts lately? I'm not sure that changing the lead negotiator mid-stream makes me feel warm and fuzzy. 

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

@raBBit, do you have reason to believe this saga is coming to an end soon?  Or did you just mean it in a general sense?

General sense. I believe it's over when the press conferences are scheduled for whoever gets these guys. These negotiations are unbelievable. 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Rabbit specifically says in a reply in that tweet that it is JR not that anyone didn’t put two and two together and realized that’s what he meant 

This is where I have to disagree.  If we are talking about a $200-$300 million expenditure, this is something that is being done at the ownership level.  JR might not be engaged in all of the detail work of the actual negotiations, but you can bet that everything is getting filtered and fed through him before it goes out to MM's team.

I have no sauces, but JR was always driving this negotiation. Yesterday I posted about how JR is the only guy with the Sox who has even come close to negotiating this type of contract. 

If JR is involved directly, it means that it is either getting done or falling apart.

My guess is that it is getting done. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

Then DX music starts playing and they give everybody the 'suck it' sign.  

Hahn gets put through a table, Moncada gets knocked off the stage with sweet chin music, Eloy runs down for the save but gets a Stunner, and Stanton puts Jerry in the Camel Clutch and makes him watch in agony as Manny signs the Yankees contract.

• Haha 1

Just now, Soxbadger said:

I have no sauces, but JR was always driving this negotiation. Yesterday I posted about how JR is the only guy with the Sox who has even come close to negotiating this type of contract. 

If JR is involved directly, it means that it is either getting done or falling apart.

My guess is that it is getting done. 

It's not that cut and dried. JR has been involved. This whole process has required far more advisory and strategy than I think anyone could have imagined.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Should this make us feel better or worse? Has JR negotiated any contracts lately? I'm not sure that changing the lead negotiator mid-stream makes me feel warm and fuzzy. 

A big IF, but if JR is now involved I say it gets done today! If not roast me tomorrow.

If Jerry is directly involved it’s close to getting done.  Jerry is a “I want to see a cut of his jib” type guy to finalize a deal.  If it was falling apart, Jerry would have Rick try to salvage (not Kenny as he’s loyal to Kenny but knows his “tact” shortcomings)

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres