Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Well, yeah, but SD is more comfortable than Chicago in the Summer. It doesn't get nearly as hot there as it does here. Maxes out around 85-88 F. 

yannie or whatever her name is  would Rather have Manny in Chicago and around his Brother in law....SD girls are FIRE!

Edited by EloyJenkins

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Well, yeah, but SD is more comfortable than Chicago in the Summer. It doesn't get nearly as hot there as it does here. Maxes out around 85-88 F. 

It's been said that Machado doesn't want to be on the left coast. Didn't like it there 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

yannie or whatever her name is probably would Rather have Manny in Chicago and around his Brother in law....SD girls are FIRE!

If you are a MLB player who likes to have "fun" on the road, do you really want your brother in law around 24/7?  Don't know if Manny is that kind of guy, but just thought it interesting.

2 minutes ago, Soxman72 said:

If you are a MLB player who likes to have "fun" on the road, do you really want your brother in law around 24/7?  Don't know if Manny is that kind of guy, but just thought it interesting.

Machado's wife/Alonso's sister is gorgeous. If I was MM I'd be perfectly happy coming home to that. No need to fool around on the road. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

23 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

The issue with the Yankees is money. I don't see how that gets better by moving Andujar's money and adding Kluber's money. Seems to me that they would be further painting themselves into the corner they are already in. 

you can never count the yankees out. The issue with Yankees is money? i dont think i heard that one before.  With a GM named Cash man they can never be counted out

I’m starting to believe the reports that the offers are slightly below/right about $200 million. I have to think that if it were around 8-year, $280 million, this would be wrapped soon. $35 million over 8 years seems pretty good. Especially if a team throws in performance bonuses, that $300 million number would be very likely.

But at this point, I think teams are just starting to think of allocating that money else where (a team could probably get Kuechel AND Pollock for less than Machado).

7 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

you can never count the yankees out. The issue with Yankees is money? i dont think i heard that one before.  With a GM named Cash man they can never be counted out

Yeah, if the Yankees trade Andujar it would be really naive to assume at that point that they are still out on Manny. Everyone thinks this is tense now, if Andujar gets traded? Sheeeeeeeeeeeit. 

even if they don't trade Andujar, MM is a possibility, Would anyone be surprised if Tulo does not make it out of spring training. His contract is peanuts. Didi doesnt get back to june or july. What if that takes longer>?   Andujar and Torres might have the sophmore jinx. So I am one to believe when they signed DJ that they were out. the yankees have to get off to a good start cause they dont want to be a wild card.

When the whole industry says Machado wants to be a yankee it leads me to think there in.  I hope im wrong. Like Lawrence Holmes said last nigt. were so far into this with Machado we have to get him. We cant get 2nd place on this one

1 minute ago, centerfieldsixers said:

even if they don't trade Andujar, MM is a possibility, Would anyone be surprised if Tulo does not make it out of spring training. His contract is peanuts. Didi doesnt get back to june or july. What if that takes longer>?   Andujar and Torres might have the sophmore jinx. So I am one to believe when they signed DJ that they were out. the yankees have to get off to a good start cause they dont want to be a wild card.

When the whole industry says Machado wants to be a yankee it leads me to think there in.  I hope im wrong. Like Lawrence Holmes said last nigt. were so far into this with Machado we have to get him. We cant get 2nd place on this one

I mean, signing the top SS because your top young players might have a sophomore jinx is pretty ambitious. 

5 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

I think if the Yankees were serious, this thing would have been over a month ago. For better or worse.

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

I think the whole process boils down to this......no team has given either player an offer that they feel is fair and the agents are sitting around hoping some GM/owner gets desperate and stupid as spring training draws near.

That was kind of what happened last year with Martinez but he ended up with a $110M deal and earned it but history did not dictate he'd put up career highs in WAR and OPS at age 30 but maybe his move to DH was actually good for him.....and hitting behind Betts.....

Sadly if this has not ended by now I think it goes until mid-February and somebody cracks and drops a large offer then the Sox will need to decide a course of action. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres