Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Eh, I think you guys are looking too far into him blaming the Sox but what do I know.  That thought didn't even cross my mind to be honest.

"I don't know if their sources are blatantly violating the Collective Bargaining Agreement by intentionally misleading them to try and affect negotiations through the public or are just flat out lying to them for other reasons."

This sentence seems to me like a shot across the bow aimed at the Sox. I could be and hope that I'm wrong. And I've generally been on the optimistic side of things.

8 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don’t think that theSox were leaking. The reports that came out makes them look horribly cheap. The Sox wouldn’t have made it this far in the Machado sweepstakes if their offer was south of $200M. 

And what benefit do the Sox get out of leaking 7/$175M?  Hey all other teams in MLB, we're only willing to pa him half of what he wanted to get - so here's your chance to come get him!!

Makes no sense.  

• Like 1

No clue why so many people think this was directed at the Sox.

What good does it do them to leak any of the BS that has been reported? 

Sometimes you just have to think logically. It wouldn't shock me at all if these reports are from a third party, or originally from Manny's camp & now Lozano is trying to save face because someone like Rick called him on it.

By far the weirdest negotiations I've ever seen, though.

• Like 2

Crazy thought...someone Lozano uses leaked the 7/175 to create "outrage" so Lozano can craft this response and look like he is the hero to Machado by being the tough guy Agent and getting him much more money even though it won't approach the 300-350 mark. 

This is Inception level manipulation. Damn. 

2 minutes ago, BigSexy23 said:

and again nightengale and onley have always been anti white sox signing any free agents...something was going on here and I really don't think the white sox had anything to do with it.

You think it's possible these guys make shit up to try to stir up interest? Because I believe it is entirely possible.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalSox said:

No clue why so many people think this was directed at the Sox.

What good does it do them to leak any of the BS that has been reported? 

Sometimes you just have to think logically. It wouldn't shock me at all if these reports are from a third party, or originally from Manny's camp & now Lozano is trying to save face because someone like Rick called him on it.

By far the weirdest negotiations I've ever seen, though.

Because accusing violations of the collective bargaining agreement would only affect MLB teams, not random reporters.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And what benefit do the Sox get out of leaking 7/$175M?  Hey all other teams in MLB, we're only willing to pa him half of what he wanted to get - so here's your chance to come get him!!

Makes no sense.  

I can definitely see the logic here as well. Which makes me wonder WTF is actually going on.

Could it be that the Sox did NOT leak the lowball offer but Lozano thinks they did? 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Because accusing violations of the collective bargaining agreement would only affect MLB teams, not random reporters.  

Right but what if this is other teams leaking this info as misdirection?

I think most of this board is far too worked up right now & thinking negatively.

The Sox gain NOTHING from leaking a terrible offer like that. Absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

"But the truth is that their reports on the details of the White Sox level of interest in Manny are completely wrong"

Which means the Sox are more serious than being reported by those clowns. First Hahn and now Lozano frustrated with the media. I'd say there are serious talks between the Sox and Lozano.

This off season has reached next level stupidity that I didn't even know was possible. It would be a lot more enjoyable watching it from the outside instead of dying inside every time something is reported that just makes it seem like the decision is being pushed further and further back.

• Love 1

Remember there are big egos involved here between Lozano and Boras.   I’ve said that before.  Who benefits the most from such a low offer?   Scott Boras right?    He and Lozano had a nasty break up in business and they both are competing for a finite market right now.   Pure speculation but sure seems logical.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BlackSox13 said:

"But the truth is that their reports on the details of the White Sox level of interest in Manny are completely wrong"

Which means the Sox are more serious than being reported by those clowns. First Hahn and now Lozano frustrated with the media. I'd say there are serious talks between the Sox and Lozano.

One way to solve the problem is for MM to just agree to sign a fucking contract.  

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres