Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1. Bruce Levine makes 0 sense. It was great to see Jon Heyman directly respond lol.

2. The statement by Lozano was definitely a shot at an MLB team. The mention of the CBA and explicitly asking that negotiations through the media stop can only be directed at an MLB team.

3. Idk why the Sox would want that ridiculous offer out there but I do know that when the 8/250 offer was brought up, all of Chicago’s reporters including Merkin came out of the wood work to shoot it down. 

Edited by Orlando

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

1. Bruce Levine makes 0 sense. It was great to see Jon Heyman directly respond lol.

2. The statement by Lozano was definitely a shot at an MLB team. The mention of the CBA and explicitly asking the negotiations through the media to stop can only be directed at an MLB team.

3. Idk why the Sox would want that ridiculous offer out there but I do know that when the 8/250 offer was brought up, all of Chicago’s reporters including Merkin came out of the wood work to shoot it down. 

Bruce has always been bad but the last few weeks have been something else. The Sox need to stop giving him stuff.

3 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I dont ever remember seeing anything like this! I'm 49 and have been through many baseball offseasons and really don't recall an agent calling out the press like this! Am I wrong?

This is completely unprecedented territory and everything I thought I knew about free agency and baseball negotiations is being questioned today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

2. The statement by Lozano was definitely a shot at an MLB team. The mention of the CBA and explicitly asking that negotiations through the media stop can only be directed at an MLB team.

Right, this is one part of it though. it is quite obvious the 7 years thing came from the white sox front office as every single chicago sports writer and national writer wrote it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Hearing deal is not close at all. All teams in on manny upset with the media. Talks have stalled

Is this the 5th account in a week's span that is now claiming to have sources, while just joining the board? Why is this becoming such a trend. 

Just now, SoCalSox said:

Is this the 5th account in a week's span that is now claiming to have sources, while just joining the board? Why is this becoming such a trend. 

Probably lurkers who see how popular guys who have had sources become and then use this situation to act like they do 

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

The wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Don't know where I'll be tomorrow

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Off of Shales/19 right? Order Uber eats sometime, I drive out here. I've made deliveries in there. 

Yep thats where I lived for 13 years. I'm back in Schaumburg now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bmags said:

That's quite the statement.

Man, i have zero clue who leaked the terms.

Clearly mentioning a bid that low would do nothing for Machado’s camp .So if they didn’t leak it, who did?

The one thing I would worry about is if they suspect the Sox are leaking this to try to suppress higher bids, if  ultimately the bids are similar, they may hold this against the team. But it could be anyone leaking. 

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

Probably lurkers who see how popular guys who have had sources become and then use this situation to act like they do 

Well they should probably just stop. Not a great way to "gain respect" on the board, IMO.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres