Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nah, it would be because no one gave him a good enough offer and the Yanks were able to come close to matching his best offer.

There's no way these guys are going to take a discount with all this labor strife.

36 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Yankees will end up with Machado because the great Rick Hahn can't offer fair value for Manny. Good for Hahn. Hope the guy gets lit up at SoxFest for this garbage off-season he's had 

Don't you have better things to be doing Kenny? I bet if you call and ask nicely enough, you could get Torii to come out of retirement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

lets not castrate anyone before we get the facts. if hahn goes cheap then go after him. lets not assume. yankees are in a position of power with Machado. you know it, they know it, Sox know it

We all know Manny wants to go to the Yankees. The only reason he is entertaining other offers is money. So if he still goes to the Yankees, it was because the other teams, including the White Sox, failed to offer him enough money. It's pretty simple. It's not calling them cheap, it's saying they didn't offer enough. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

We all know Manny wants to go to the Yankees. The only reason he is entertaining other offers is money. So if he still goes to the Yankees, it was because the other teams, including the White Sox, failed to offer him enough money. It's pretty simple. It's not calling them cheap, it's saying they didn't offer enough. 

But *do* we really know he wants to go to the Yankees? There were lots of reports that he loved the Yankees as a kid, but I think everybody just assumed he still loves them and wants to play there. But I agree with the rest of your post. He will go wherever he gets paid.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Thats why i hope we get particulars when and where he does sign. its easy for all us to spend the sox money but there has to be a line you dont cross money wise. Hopefully it doesnt come down to that. were too far in to lose him. it would be a downer

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

WSD with his latest blog on LozanoGate

Notable quote:

Just received a note that Lozano and Reinsdorf have developed a great relationship and have the utmost respect for each other throughout this process, so this theory can officially be debunked.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

Notable quote:

Just received a note that Lozano and Reinsdorf have developed a great relationship and have the utmost respect for each other throughout this process, so this theory can officially be debunked.

Exactly what someone who doesnt have a great relationship would say!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just the beginning if the Sox do sign Manny. I predicted this long ago. Sox get Manny we will see all kinds of tweets similar to this.

Bring em on. Let's play heel

Edited by mqr

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just the beginning if the Sox do sign Manny. I predicted this long ago. Sox get Manny we will see all kinds of tweets similar to this.

I can't wait to go to sox park when they play the Yankees and see a bunch of triggered Yankees fans

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres