Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Why would he follow the guy who he will likely displace OFF the roster? He's trolling Yolmer, not us.

I almost guarantee yolmer is on roster next year, leury would be odd man out, since they kinda shoehorned him back into being an infield role too.

• Like 1

If it's not a Sox logo (and it does look like one) could it be a personal logo? Something like the silhouette of him post swing, like Griffey Jr. I did a search for a logo for Manny and didn't find anything, but maybe it hasn't been revealed yet.

nevermind, I did find his personal logo and it doesn't look like that.

Edited by MEANS

1 minute ago, MEANS said:

If it's not a Sox logo (and it does look like one) could it be a personal logo? Something like the silhouette of him post swing, like Griffey Jr. I did a search for a logo for Manny and didn't find anything, but maybe it hasn't been revealed yet.

I believe his logo is his Instagram profile picture, which is some "MM" shaped thing

1 minute ago, MEANS said:

Doubt he has one, he's endorsed by Jordan Brand.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And if they guaranteed Manny he can play SS, then Anderson goes to CF and Yolmer still has a job.

If this were the case, they'd have to play musical chairs in June when Eloy gets called up, or move Jay the 4th OFer. Regardless, I like Yolmer, but I think the reality is that Machado plays 3B for the Sox. Leury and Yolmer as infield subs would be quite a strong backup/bench situation though.

15 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

If this were the case, they'd have to play musical chairs in June when Eloy gets called up, or move Jay the 4th OFer. Regardless, I like Yolmer, but I think the reality is that Machado plays 3B for the Sox. Leury and Yolmer as infield subs would be quite a strong backup/bench situation though.

Are you joking with this? 

22 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

No chance Eloy stays down until June. He'll be up after 2 weeks after opening day.

Sox have the best offer on the table. Lozano is trying to make the Sox believe there is another team with a better offer. All of a sudden the statements , videos, and Manny's dad all seem like there are other offers. lets scare the Sox into thinking the Doyers are now in on this to drive the price up.  

12 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

400 pages of a self help group. Lord help us! 

I'm not gonna lie, this has been kind of fun. I can't think of another thread that has allowed so much stream of consciousness from the whole breadth of posters, and this FA period has brought in new users and unearthed some oldies in the process. 

The process has been stressful and annoying but wildly entertaining at the same time. Just enjoying the ride!

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres