Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Once there is an actual signing story,  there will be a new thread.

Nothing new has come out regarding Machado in the past two weeks beyond pure speculation it seems. Sox seem to be very much in the hunt, but things have been oddly quiet at Machado's camp seems to be waiting out the market.

20 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

Which happens first:

Manny signs

Harper signs

CM Punk signs with AEW

I don't even know who CM Punk is, but I'll go with him.

I don't think that HarpChado signs until they feel they have to, because their market is so limited. Whether that is February 15th, March 15th, or somewhere in between who knows? I can tell you this though, I don't think either will be signed by the time Pitchers and Catchers report. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

In my memory the Lebron James free agency in 2010 also took forever, so I checked and as it turns out:

" James became an unrestricted free-agent at 12:01 am EDT on July 1, 2010"

" On July 8, 2010, ESPN aired a live special named The Decision that ran 75 minutes "

I think this settles the age old debate:

Manny > Lebron

40 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

If they get Machado, I'll actually get The Show this year. I like playing franchise with as close to real life opening day rosters as possible (obviously, real life moves happen throughout the season and you don't want to restart) which is why I skipped last year's game lol

Look for the OSFM roster set. I do the White Sox every year for it - all real minor leaguers.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Look for the OSFM roster set. I do the White Sox every year for it - all real minor leaguers.

Oh I'm aware haha I always wait to start franchise until after those come out. I used to post over on the Operation Sports message boards as "The Left Shark." Your username here is the same as over on that site I noticed.

Edit: speaking of baseball videogames, anyone ever play that Japanese game? It looks as smooth as MVP Baseball (still the smoothest defensive playing baseball game ever. MLB the Show is still a bit clunky on defense).

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres