Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Rockies better get a boatload of prospects...and the Yankees almost have to sign him to a long-term extension to make it worthwhile.

Arenado doesn’t really seems like a great fit in NY for some reason.

They are a very deep system.  Definitely have the prospects to pull this off.

23 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

That seems like a terrible oversimplification.  There is at least a fair chance this is a complex deal with opportunities for multiple opt outs.  Neither side just wants to give into the other side, each wants the best for them.  It isn't just saying here take this 10/400 deal.  That would be ridiculous and a waste of limited resources.  Each has a responsibility to make sure they are doing the best for their stakeholders, as well as getting a deal that works for the other side.  

That's fair. I mean, I don't know jack sh*T about this entire fiasco. I thought we'd have Manny signed a week or two ago. I'm still holding out hope that he signs this week, but at this point it's out of my mind. I'm just trying to enjoy it and the longer it goes on the closer we get to opening day. :D

This one is almost over boys. 

1. Mystery teams are not real. 

2. Mystery teams show up at the end of negotiations. 

3. Mystery teams never end up with the players they are “bidding on”. 

Edited by SoCalSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSox said:

I got a gut feeling the mystery teams got this

1 minute ago, SoCalSox said:

Exactly. Mystery teams only exist when they have the player signed on the bottom line and it’s official. They come out of nowhere, they don’t announce as a mystery team involved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ123 said:

This doesn’t seem good.

He’s also liked multiple tweets of mine saying the Sox are the favorites &/or the Sox are the team Machado’s dad was referring to. 

I wouldnt put too much thought into it. He really likes the Sox chances & I know that first hand. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, shipps said:

Exactly. Mystery teams only exist when they have the player signed on the bottom line and it’s official. They come out of nowhere, they don’t announce as a mystery team involved. 

There has been a mystery team for over a week, and no signing yet. Although this tweet was weird in that it says essentially "he doesn't want to sign this deal, but I swear he will...I swear it...totally not lying...he'll do it...money please...really...not lying..."

25 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

I hope to god you are right, worse case scenario for me is the mystery team, if true, which I highly doubt it is comes in from left field and swoops him up while JR and RH are playing f*** f*** games with them.

I feel like this fake mystery team can let everyone save face - 

-White Sox have to 'up their bid' to beat this so-called mystery team (aka the $170M initial bid gets bumped up to say $250M where we may have always intended to sign him)

-Lozano gets a 'win' by being able to say he brought more bidders in and was able to drive the price up for his agent

-national media guys can all say their numbers were right *at one point* but the mystery team changed things

1 hour ago, Sockin said:

I don't think this changes anything. Heyman is reporting what Manuel Machado is saying through Hector Gomez's tweet (Which was posted this morning). The team that "probably less think about" is a little ambiguous. If he's speaking generally it very well could be the Sox. I really don't think it's a new team. Hector Gomez posted last night his opinion when someone asked who he thought Manny was signing with - "the Whitesox." But we had hatgate going on. So......

3 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Didn’t you say you have a source, what’s your insider telling you about the mystery team

Last thing i heard is talks yesterday were progressing very well , another potiental offer coming. think that has been reported already.

Mystery team. I have no clue. Makes me nervous solo opinion.

I take back all my previous posts about negotiating tactics and opinions.  I caught up on everything, read the WSD blog, and the DeadSpin article.

Lozano is scum and he is behind everything.  This is a circus and not only has he caused a lot of it, but he has realized that his client is not going to get what was promised.  He makes Ari Gold look like a choir boy.  Just an example and I realize Ari is somewhat fantasy.  That's how messed up he is.  He beats fantasy characters.

This thing is a media disaster and I can't wait to see how it ends up.  I still believe the Sox are in it, just because so many teams appear to be not.

I would follow up with his agent and ask if he has interest in playing for the Sox. If not start shopping especially for Harper. If they think their player for his services is gong away maybe they just sign. It doesn’t hurt to put a press on Harper and then back off. 

My thing is between the bulls and white sox there have been so many let downs.

Mcgrady/kobe instead we get Ron Mercer?

Boozer instead of Bosh/Lebron/Wade

Melo coming to chicago (thank god)

Sox,

Tori Hunter

Arod

signing danks over buehrle (lol)

shields for whats his name?(;

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Nope, still no news
  • Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres