Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

At what AAV will people NOT riot if Machado signs with someone else? Would 8 years/$304M ($38M AAV) be enough to where people draw the line on thinking it's too much? 10 yrs/$360M??

Just curious what type of winning offer from some other team wouldn't cause everyone to riot. Or do we sign Manny at all costs?

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

At what AAV will people NOT riot if Machado signs with someone else? Would 8 years/$304M ($38M AAV) be enough to where people draw the line on thinking it's too much? 10 yrs/$360M??

Just curious what type of winning offer from some other team wouldn't cause everyone to riot. Or do we sign Manny at all costs?

I don’t think there is an amount at this point that people will decide is acceptable to pass up on him and not riot, pitch forks be damned if the Whitesox do not land him. Fans don’t care it’s not their money and want the Sox to land a star for once

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Anything over 350 total or 37 AAV and no complaints

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I think anything over $35M AAV is too much unless its short term.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

People on Twitter are speculating that the Sox are going to announce the signing at SoxFest. I don't really know what the point of that would be, if anything I'd think they would want to announce it beforehand to build up hype for the event and sell as many ticket packages as possible.

Correct, early next week would be optimal.  Allows you to do Thurs press conference and then have him at soxfest. With that said, I will believe it when I see it.  Every year since Lofton signed, we’ve heard rumors they would announce someone at soxfest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

People on Twitter are speculating that the Sox are going to announce the signing at SoxFest. I don't really know what the point of that would be, if anything I'd think they would want to announce it beforehand to build up hype for the event and sell as many ticket packages as possible.

Doubt it gets announced at SoxFest but it would be a huge splash/surprise if they did, as far as ticket sales that is going to happen no matter what if they sign him. 

22 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I don't think this changes anything. Heyman is reporting what Manuel Machado is saying through Hector Gomez's tweet (Which was posted this morning). The team that "probably less think about" is a little ambiguous. If he's speaking generally it very well could be the Sox. I really don't think it's a new team. Hector Gomez posted last night his opinion when someone asked who he thought Manny was signing with - "the Whitesox." But we had hatgate going on. So......

Yeah the White Sox could easily fit that description, not that its very telling. 

Wasnt it reported this morning that the White Sox and Lozano were up kate last night and made good progress? I think it was Heyman.

4 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

My job kinda sucks. Possibly looking for a new one soon. Preferably in finance.

Just got to stick at mine for another six months to make sure my next two data analytics classes get paid for, then I’m three classes shy of a masters and am ready to move on!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I would follow up with his agent and ask if he has interest in playing for the Sox. If not start shopping especially for Harper. If they think their player for his services is gong away maybe they just sign. It doesn’t hurt to put a press on Harper and then back off. 

I think they should definitely be at least using their Harper interest more to their advantage. Even if they aren’t as interested in him they can be using it as leverage publicly. They aren’t and I’m not sure why. 

Just now, shipps said:

I think they should definitely be at least using their Harper interest more to their advantage. Even if they aren’t as interested in him they can be using it as leverage publicly. They aren’t and I’m not sure why. 

Could it be because they already played their hand with Alonso and Jay?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

At this point I think more people have sources than don’t.

Someone should make a thread with the names of people who have proven to have sources. That way it will be easier for new posters to sift through the BS. If someone like Chili claims to have a source and proves it like he did, they get added 😂. This source stuff has gotten ridiculous!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

We sign Manny (or Harper) at all costs. 

The payroll is zero, the owner is rich, and the roster is ready for a superstar. 

Zero excuses.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Doubt it gets announced at SoxFest but it would be a huge splash/surprise if they did, as far as ticket sales that is going to happen no matter what if they sign him. 

Sox are not going to announce at Sox fest. They basically gave Lozano a deadline or there pulling off

5 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Could it be because they already played their hand with Alonso and Jay?

If it is that’s a pretty lame excuse. There are no rules or real logic in this game they can put a bunch of nonsensical stuff out there like everyone else too. 

Something like the Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval...except for sauces.

Will concur that anything over $360 million or $40 million AAV will provide the White Sox a bit of an out.  That said, the obvious question is going to when, and under what conditions...will they be able to get their guy?

If we go through another year like 2018 in terms of both player development and injuries, it’s going to be even harder for the White Sox next offseason with even more teams increasing the demand for a limited number of truly impact players.

Trading Jay, Castillo and Alonso would be a constant reminder of Machado not being on the team...just like keeping them and pretending it was part of the strategic plan all along, which pretty much NOBODY will buy.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres