yesterday333

Manny: Nope, still no news

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

How can you write off a guy who hasn't even played above A-ball let alone a full season? Fulmer - ok, there's an argument there. Even Collins you could say has been disappointing (but there are plenty of things to like there too). But Burger hasn't even had a chance to show what he's capable yet in a full season.

With the level of injury he suffered last year, and the amount of missed time, you gotta at least be skeptical.

Seems like Phillies fans on Twitter believe that the picture Fathom posted has to do with the White Sox.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Who is mannyjr99?

"supposedly" a maintenance worker at Yankee Stadium

Just now, fathom said:

Then why would that post have anything to do with the White Sox like Jose Abreu suggested?

14 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

How can you write off a guy who hasn't even played above A-ball let alone a full season? Fulmer - ok, there's an argument there. Even Collins you could say has been disappointing (but there are plenty of things to like there too). But Burger hasn't even had a chance to show what he's capable yet in a full season.

Because he was a college draft pick, he'll be 23 before he takes an AB in A+ and will not have faced live pitching in 18 months. It is hard to see him doing anything with the Sox. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I believe that, did you look at his Instagram? He has literally hundreds of pictures of himself with various baseball players

Then why would that post have anything to do with the White Sox like Jose Abreu suggested?

no clue how the White Sox are hinted at, more that it appears he's "congratulating" him on something

It's implying that Manny has made a decision and Phillies fans don't think he would've chosen them today given that their brass spent the day in a meeting with Harper

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

It's implying that Manny has made a decision and Phillies fans don't think he would've chosen them today given that their brass spent the day in a meeting with Harper

The fact that this mannyjr guy works at Yankee Stadium concerns me, even though the Yankees are considered to be "out" of the hunt for him by most. Given that it's the Yankees we're talking about here and Machado seemingly prefers them, I just can't rule them out for sure.

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The "Congratulations, good luck" caption below the picture

I saw that but sooo... what's that got to do with anything ? Nothing here for Fathom to be making the sad face about. There's nothing even implied about where Machado is headed.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I saw that but sooo... what's that got to do with anything ? Nothing here for Fathom to be making the sad face about. There's nothing even implied about where Machado is headed.

where did I make a sad face?  If anything, that type of "congrats and good luck" doesn't seem like the type of message you would send to a player coming to your favorite team.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Stuff like this from Phillies fans is what I am referring to

If Machado has indeed made a decision, I doubt a Yankees clubhouse attendant would be among the first to know lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I will believe the Yanks are out when he signs with the Sox or someone else.. 

Edited by EvilJester99

I don't know if that post means anything but the timing is interesting. Like you guys said, the Phillies met with Harper today so there is no way they could have been finalizing a Machado contract at the same time. I still wouldn't rule the Yankees out though. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

If Machado has indeed made a decision, I doubt a Yankees clubhouse attendant would be among the first to know lol. 

Given the amount of pictures he has with Machado, it's possible that they're friends 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Given the amount of pictures he has with Machado, it's possible that they're friends 

also supposedly tight with ARod

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

where did I make a sad face?  If anything, that type of "congrats and good luck" doesn't seem like the type of message you would send to a player coming to your favorite team.

My bad that wasn't a sad face but looked like one at the end of the word new):  but it's really a close parentheses and colon  . Could just be a congrats because he knows he will sign somewhere eventually or maybe he got a new puppy .

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

My bad that wasn't a sad face but looked like one at the end of the word new):  but it's really a close parentheses and colon  . Could just be a congrats because he knows he will sign somewhere eventually or maybe he got a new puppy .

for sure, it's why I said "just for fun" instead of discussing the Kardashian's dating history

I don't think it actually means anything but I just found it interesting that Phillies fans are thinking it's about us and that the guy has multiple pictures of himself with Machado.

So Phillies spend all day with Harper? This could be something? The “congrats/good luck in 2019 season remark” is interesting. Maybe he will he signing with the white Sox on the 13th (his jersey number). God I just want this to end...

Edited by HakunaMachado

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Another day in the saga of when is this shit show going to be over?

We will get our hope's up before bed every night until March 12th.