Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Unless the OF is Pollock, Engel is starting anyway, unless somehow they can swing a trade for Fisher or Tapia. 

I have no idea of value, but wasn't I reading about how Reds were in on Inciarte? Now, they didn't pull trigger, so maybe that shows off the high price Braves are asking for. But he is signed through 2021, is coming off a relative down year, and would be easily tradeable if our prospects force issue.

Now...again it all comes down to price and i'm not quite sure whether braves were actively shopping or just listening to Reds, but hey it's a name!

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I have no idea of value, but wasn't I reading about how Reds were in on Inciarte? Now, they didn't pull trigger, so maybe that shows off the high price Braves are asking for. But he is signed through 2021, is coming off a relative down year, and would be easily tradeable if our prospects force issue.

Now...again it all comes down to price and i'm not quite sure whether braves were actively shopping or just listening to Reds, but hey it's a name!

Inciarte is a corner OF. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

In case anyone is just refreshing this thread, Rabbit also tweeted about Harper and the info was very similar to what Bucket posted earlier. Seems like things are beginning to move quickly

I think he's using Bucket's info haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Sorry, that was low hanging fruit, had to take it 😂

No problem with a little ball busting. I deserve it for some of the shit I posted on here between September and December. 

Anyway, I really thought Inciarte played LF. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

In case anyone is just refreshing this thread, Rabbit also tweeted about Harper and the info was very similar to what Bucket posted earlier. Seems like things are beginning to move quickly

Where did bucket post?

EDIT: See he has changed his username. nvm.

Edited by raBBit

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

When can I purchase my Machado jersey?

I think more positive news will be coming out soon regarding the Sox chances on Machado. I'd still think Machado is more likely than Harper.

Edited by raBBit
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

Not to get off topic from Manny all that much but the news seems to be trending in the Harper direction....but Harper needs to do a 180 defensively. 

I think Lindbergh wrote a convincing argument that his contract year (and injury year before) were a cause of the nose dive due to cautiousness

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2018/11/20/18104199/bryce-harper-free-agency-defense

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Pollock is too injury prone for my taste

I don't believe at all what I'm about to say but gonna say it anyway cause I was reviewing 05 team...

(so was Jermaine Dye before sox signed him)

k that's over but I agree Pollock has a lot of red flags outside from even injury.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres