Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, steveno89 said:

Interesting to note that ZERO national reporters have commented on the information that came out today. I would have expected bigger media names to comment, but they are oddly silent right now. 

Nightengale had the formal offer thing.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I punched a fridge about two years ago and I must have broken a vein, my hand swelled up incredibly, had a bump about an inch high.   I was pretty freaked out I couldn't move it at all or make even close to a fist.

Within about 12 hours the swelling was 10% in size.  No broken bones, but a few days later just randomly it broke open again and it swelled, not as badly, but it set back the healing.

/random story

A couple years ago I got really pissed off about something while I was at a bar, so I decided to do the responsible thing.... and took my anger out on a brick wall. The last two knuckles on my hand got real swollen and I couldn't move the fingers. I thought I broke them but doc said I just burst a vain and probably jammed or bruised them. Last time I ever punch a brick wall, until the next time I punch a brick wall that is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Interesting to note that ZERO national reporters have commented on the information that came out today. I would have expected bigger media names to comment, but they are oddly silent right now. 

There is no way to enter this fray while keeping your reputation in tact. They'll stay distant.

22 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

I have a feeling the same types cycle we witnessed today is jussssst enough to keep teams thinking they've got a shot. Someone said this time next week the Phillies will be the favorite, then the Yankees, then the Sox again...on and on until Machado's people think they have gotten the absolute best offer they can possibly get. Nobody drops out if they still think "Ok, only $15m more we got him!" 

Could result in a situation where it clogs the whole market until then.

Someone will blink.

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Considering leaning?
13 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Really seems like Machado signs first. 

Definitely more heat with Machado and I won’t complain if we land him, even if it takes us out of the Harper sweepstakes. The primary goal this offseason has always been to land a whale, doesn’t matter if it’s Moby Dick or Willy.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

A couple years ago I got really pissed off about something while I was at a bar, so I decided to do the responsible thing.... and took my anger out on a brick wall. The last two knuckles on my hand got real swollen and I couldn't move the fingers. I thought I broke them but doc said I just burst a vain and probably jammed or bruised them. Last time I ever punch a brick wall, until the next time I punch a brick wall that is. 

I'll never do it again that's for sure.  Now I just like to scream FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK really loud.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Watch Machado sign with the Phillies and make everyone look like assholes.

I'm shocked how little play they've gotten. But, I basically rely on fathom to find philly twitter so either it doesn't exist or fathom has a blind spot!

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres